Friday, July 8, 2011

Salsa, Little Jimmy Scott, & Jazz

I am being pressed into service an hour earlier for the duration of the season.  This is because the kitchen prep crew needs more time to prepare a few basics that Mexican Restaurants must have on hand at all times.  Fresh Guacamole, Salsa, & Queso Cheese with Jalapenos, and a few others.  It would not be good to run out of these items at any time. And this year, for some reason, we're going through tons of the stuff.  Yes, they are all made daily - the salsa is made a day in advance, served the next, for a better flavor - and that makes all the difference in taste.

The new hours will put a damper on my early morning walks on the Boardwalk, but, it is what it is. While I can use the extra $$$ I treasure a little free time for just the Atlantic Ocean and me.

After spending hours in a couple of dental chairs, then grocery shopping, sort of sucked up the time and energy normally allotted to my day off.  No free time to relax and catch my breath. So, I am tired and it's only Friday; a busy weekend is ahead and I am still on the antibiotic, meaning there is no festive cocktail in my immediate future.  At least until Sunday.

So for now, I am prepping a salad for supper to be enjoyed while listening to Little Jimmy Scott, (image above) followed by watching episode 3 of Ken Burns' encyclopedic documentary JAZZ.

Thunderstorms are on the horizon and I am grateful to be indoors and cool - at least for now.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. The Two Crazy Guys at the restaurant know what they're doing, keeping you busy and OUT OF TROUBLE! Behave yourself and go to work and save your money so when Obama and Congress cuts back on Social Security you'll have some backup $$ to survive by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ron: You know, some of your comments border on insult, hover near the absurd, and are less than kind. I find your advice, admonitions, and advice unhelpful at best.

    Just so you know. Positive input is welcome. I appreciate your wisdom; the bitchiness, not so much.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...