Friday, July 22, 2011

Unbearable Heat – Cool Hendrick’s

A few weeks ago I wrote about being gifted with a bottle of Hendrick’s Gin and the plan was to make a martini with it that evening, using a cucumber instead of olives.  Somehow it never happened. Don’t ask me why. I don't remember.

As I trudged off to work this morning at 8:15 am, it was already 88’ F. On the way home this evening it was 99’ F – having hit 103’ F in mid-afternoon. No after-shift cocktail, I just wanted to get home.

As I was greeted by the air of a cool apartment 3 things popped into  my head; a crisp cucumber/onion salad, a Gazpacho, and a Hendrick’s Gin Martini (with cucumber, of course) because as I opened the door, the ice maker chose that moment to dump a fresh load of cubes into the freezer bin.  My one-track mind snapped to attention, noting that I had already made the cucumber/onion salad and didn't have all necessary ingredients for the gazpacho; remembered the Hendrick’s and matching it with cucumbers was a natural result.  Brilliant, yes?

No, huh?   Well, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.  So there!

Removed the sweaty work drag, took a quick shower and made the Hendrick’s Martini.  It looked so refreshing that I set up a shot to share with you all.(Click image to embiggen.)  I sip as I type, slowly feeling cooler and relaxed.  I must say, I like this concoction very much, though I doubt it will ever replace my old girl Victoria and her Bombay Sapphire in my cabinet.

It's too hot to even contemplate heating up the place by cooking supper right now, so I will sip and listen to  some music.  Perhaps the Original Cast - not the revival - of 110' In The Shade (musical version of "The Rainmaker") would be appropriate this evening. I have such a sick sensahumah!

And so it goes.  Cheers!
*

2 comments:

  1. Cool as a cucumber (sorry, I couldn't resist.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious, even this early in the morning [its 6.46]. Have to try that myself with the 10-year old [now 15] Tanqueray.

    word verification: martiiniice

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...