Friday, July 15, 2011

Plenty 'a Nuthin'

I realize that my personal posts have been few lately. My friends, I am one totally spent, ragged heap of humanity right now. The longer hours and big crowds of guests, as well as the other tourists, send me to the trusty Organizer every morning to find out what day it is and what time I am to be available - for kitchen prep crew, contractors, plumbers, and/or servers.

Don't get me wrong.  I don't mind the extra hours, but what I do mind is the time isn't dedicated to my regular responsibilities, but to the folks mentioned above. I prefer to get all my preparation done before anyone else arrives.  Do it in peace and do it thoroughly, because the responsibilities vary from day to day.  Weekday and weekend.

While the moon is full tonight, I'm empty. I have nothing.  I didn't have an after-shift cocktail tonight...I am that tired. No music; quiet is preferred this evening. A good soaking bath in Epsom Salts is first up, following that I will attempt a salad and maybe a glass of wine before stumbling into bed.

The Summer is already half over which, in many ways is hard to wrap my head around, but a part of me is happy in that knowledge. I'm over the hump, so to say.

And so it goes.
*

5 comments:

  1. Your evening sounds perfect to me.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to believe it's the middle of July already!

    Hope you enjoyed your bath and got some much needed rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To brighten your sunday, a bunch of sunflowers is on its way.

    Have a good weekend and only a few weeks until your vacation starts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is sad
    Perhaps this will cheer you up - I received the fabric in the post, and it is lovely and fabulous. Keep happy knowing a stunning frock is being created for You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Mark: Evening? What evening?
    @Rick: I was stunned by the revelation of only 10 weeks until Labor Day! BTW, the bath was a little slice of heaven.
    @Peter: Thanks! Just the thought cheered me so.
    @Ur-spo: Oh my dear, your comment (along with Peter's bouquet) really got my morning off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...