Friday, July 1, 2011

Good News - Bad News: #1173

The good news is that the plumbers (arrived again before 8 am) finally got the electricity to the new AC/Heat-pump connected sometime this morning, so the apartment is cool. 

The bad news is I had a dental emergency at work this morning and had to visit the new dental group sooner than planned (waiting til after the season) to find that I have a nasty abscess that will require a root canal.  Oh, the joy!!! Filled 2 prescriptions, one antibiotic, the other a pain killer, leaving the day pretty much shot.

The appointment is set up for next Tuesday (my single day off!) and all should be well after that. I hated to ask to take off like that, but there was no choice.  This is one of the busiest weekends of the summer season and I can only be present, really present, without this diversion.  It had to be taken care of - now.

More good news:  Dentist did a complete new patient work-up including a complete set of x-rays, etc. and found no new cavities or gum problems. They praised my daily cleansing and flossing ritual done since my last visit to a dentist. I won't say how long it had been.  Too embarrassing, but it is what it is. 

Also, noting that I have no insurance, offered an interest-free payment plan option through "CareCredit" which will allow me to spread out the payments for all services for up to a year. 

I love the new dentist; soft-spoken, gentle, explains everything and goes over the options carefully. It helps that practically everyone at work uses this group - including the locosguys - and I noted more than a few faces are frequent customers as well.

OK, downed 2 antibiotics which means my 2 olives are out of the picture. Bother! Holding off on the pain meds, they always knock me out.  Besides, the pain isn't bad at present.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...