Tuesday, February 14, 2012

All Quiet on this Cajun's Blog

I've noticed that the flow of nasty comments (moderated & deleted, of course) has dried up.  I like that.  Less work for me and I can focus on re-focusing on what I want to share. Whether my own stories or those that interest me, it matters not.

The BP trolls have given up the brainwashing idea and resigned themselves to the fact that I ain't buying their PR. That the facts are overwhelming if only one wanted to know them. Revisionist history isn't going to cut it anymore.

Also, I find it interesting that whenever I post anything about gay/equal rights and/or same-sex marriage I continue to get visits from all the Muslim countries where this is taboo and subject to death.  WTF.  Yes, I know, I have written about this before, but the recent tidal wave of change taking place around the country has increased the hits 3-fold over the past few weeks.  Something ain't right!

No visitor's comments from these countries, but site meter tells me where they originate, that they read in English, how many pages are read, and their out-click data once finished here.  Most click through to primary and other links in each and every story.  Does my heart good, but also scares me. I fear for the visitor's personal safety.

The recent post regarding my 90 minutes with CNN news brought a number of loonies to the site.  Their spittle flecked, poorly written outrages would have been downright hilarious, if they weren't so sincerely and profoundly 'of the stoopid' which is a bit unnerving, to say the least.

As Saint Lesley Gore (or was that Bernadette?) once sang, "It's my blog and I'll write what I want, when I want, and how I want."

The harassers, no-it-all 2-bit prophets, and the rest, are gone.  Can I get an Amen?

Quiet is good, it's all good.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure why you get hateful comments. Your posts seem harmless enough to me.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...