Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Houston: Celebrity Death & Distraction

The celebrity distraction du jour. Hundreds of thousands of others died the same day; many before having a chance to live a full life or share their talents with the world. Why is this celebrity worth more attention than all the others?

Houston had enormous talent, worked hard to get everything she ever wanted, and then threw it all away.  Slowly and very painful to watch, unlike others who burned bright only to flame almost overnight.

By the time of her death she was pretty much washed up in the Diva department; more punchline to jokes than passionate entertainer. And that was primarily her own doing.

I hear it's socially unacceptable to speak ill of the dead; if you don't say something good about them to balance it out.  Well, I did just that in the second paragraph. 

From what I see, hear, and read, (ad nauseum) mine is the minority opinion. It is what it is.

More later.
*

3 comments:

  1. Just because you're in the minority, doesn't mean you're not right.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was one the only one to feel that way! I haven't been given much attention about celebrities for so many years anyways!

    Hugs
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mark: Thanks, I needed that. Not having TV service is a godsend to me, but others don't see it that way. Yeah well...

    @Deep Blue: Jon, don't leave us. I understood your final post as soon as I read it and feel exactly the same way. And now that I see what I assume is your beautiful mouth, I know you have more wisdom and insights to share. Please do.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...