Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Of Dairy Products & Dreams

I am in a group of people I recognize from my previous life. Recognize, but cannot see faces. Everyone is bustling about and we pile into a big gas-guzzler and go gallivanting around some unknown territory - full of big, well-designed homes with neatly appointed grounds.

I have no idea what I am doing there, and no clue as to what "we" are searching out. I find myself following the others through long hallways, in and out of one home and another.  Somewhere along the way I find myself juggling 2 reusable grocery sacks which contain cream cheese, butter, eggs, bags of shredded cheeses, along with glass jars of various condiments.  I am afraid the glass will break and/or the other items will go bad without refrigeration, but I can't do anything about it.

I am tired as we bounce from place to place, home to home, door through door. My arms hurt from the weight of the sacks, but I dare not slow the pace.  If I lose the others I won't know where I am, what I am searching for, or how to get home.  There are shouts of "hurry, we've got it now" and as I plunge head-first through a set of ornate glass paneled doors I fall into a deep pond.  I can't feel the bottom. I let go of the sacks.

I wake up. Confusion only, no other emotions. Whew!

Maybe I ought to think twice before eating cocktail onions straight from the jar late in the evening.

More later.
*

2 comments:

  1. You were responsible for the quiche filling and the expedition was to find who made the crust or shell and where they left it.

    For heaven's sake, don't ask me what that means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Will J: Would you join me in the next bizarre dream? It's clear, I could use your logic.

    Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...