Friday, February 3, 2012

A Shirt of Butterflies

After an interesting day at work I arrived home to find a small package wedged between the storm door and interior wooden door.  When I saw the return address I became a clumsy oaf, dropping my keys twice while trying to get the door open and spewing the mail all over the tiny porch in the process.  Never mind.

Once inside, the package was ripped apart (which wasn't easy, Dr. Spo knows how to wrap a package *ahem!* for mailing) to reveal the most spectacular Butterfly Shirt, made for me by the good doctor. (Click the image to embiggen.)

Threw everything on the kitchen table, stripped off jacket and shirt and dumped them on the bed.  Then tried on the shirt.  It is totally amazing. The fit is unbelievable and his artistry, detail, and creative work is incredible. I am so honored by this gift.

I can't wait until the weather is warm enough to wear it to work. Yes, it is bright and I may have to give out sunglasses if it's a bright, sunny day.  But, I don't care.  It's more beautiful than Joseph's Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat, if you ask me - and even if you don't!

When I happened upon this fabric I knew it was the one I wanted for my shirt. Interestingly, when the good doctor chose to create my shirt, he liked the fabric so much that he asked me to send enough for 2 shirts.  One is to be a surprise gift to another blogger friend who is very much into butterflies, conservation, and ecology. I did so, because I am a regular reader of this man's blog and mesmerized by his photography and observations.

There will be only TWO of these shirts made by Dr. Spo and I am sure they will be worn proudly by both recipients. Perhaps I will get to meet the other person & shirt in the future.


Close-up of original fabric swatch.
Spo, thank you.

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you liked it.
    It is the brightest shirt I have ever made I reckon.
    There will be no problem finding you now in a crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twins... only their mother could tell them apart!

    Those are mesmerizing colours and I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent!

    (and that applies to both of you).

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...