Sunday, February 26, 2012

Easily Entertained...

 [subtitle] My Life is so Boring.

The new Cuisinart processor/blender combo arrived on Friday as scheduled. It's more powerful and noisier than I am used to, though it reminds me of the monster DC-7 from the previous life. Still, it isn't running for long periods of time, so noise won't be a problem. I am happy with the purchase.

After writing about having "little use for a blender" in that earlier post, I received a couple of emails from NOLA friends containing some serious summer drink recipes, including an Absinthe Frappe, Cajun Julip, Watermelon Punch, and Gin Folly.  Seems I'll have use for the blender in the warmer weather, after all. What else are friends for, I ask you?

The walk to work has been eye-opening in the sense that I am witness to spring growth that is 2 months early. Hyacinth and Iris are popping up everywhere and a customer told me that the Cherry trees are budding in Washington, DC already.  Not a good sign, especially if we have a severe freeze and/or snow later on. There is still that possibility.

The town was rather busy for a February weekend; as usual, the forecasters got it wrong 4-days-in-a-row, which made everyone very happy, indeed.

I haven't dined anywhere but Dos Locos in 2-plus years because I always enjoy a great meal surrounded by friends and co-workers. The Purple Parrot has a Prime Rib special on Sunday nights that I used to enjoy way-back-when and following my AS cocktail today, I almost took myself out to dinner. 

Then I remembered that I have shrimp and a newly made Remoulade sauce (thanks to the new processor) and decided to dine out some other time. I don't enjoy dining out alone anyway, so it was a delicious - and easy - out.

That said, the menu this evening was shrimp remoulade with hearts of palm, artichoke hearts, and sweet grape tomatoes on a bed of romaine - with a glass of wine and French bread. Better than a prime rib dinner; I will sleep well tonight.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. Treating yourself to dinner can be a good thing. Thou I enjoy a local restaurant with a communal table set up at times a meal and "people watching" is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...