Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Road Trip and Discovered Treasure

Tuesday was a picture-perfect day, so I hopped into the car and took the new tires for a spin.  (The ride is definitely a smoother one.) Temperatures were in the 60s and it felt more like April than January. The car hadn't been driven a long distance in months, so I cruised down through Bethany Beach and into Fenwick Island before returning via a different route. Listening to Holly Near and James Taylor all the way. 

I got lost for a bit, but ultimately found my bearings and enjoyed a few interesting sights along the way.  Stopped to refuel in Millsboro and saved 50 Cents per gallon thanks to the fave grocery store's program.

Before returning home and never having visited the place, I decided to check out a relatively new store called "Home Goods" in Lewes - I think they are associated with the likes of T.J. Maxx, and Marshalls.  It's a big store (the space used to be occupied by a Lowe's Home Center and then a furniture store) so I took my time and drifted from aisle to aisle, department to department and found interesting items; some at very good prices.

Though I promised myself that I would not buy anything, I did.  So shoot me!  I have been wanting a large covered skillet/saucepan for a very long time, and I chanced upon a Cuisinart 3.5 qt., 4" high-sided, stainless steel baby with a glass cover - on clearance, mind you - for $10.00!!!  OK, now tell me you wouldn't have jumped at that one.

It was explained to me that the pan was on the clearance table because it was a discontinued style and the last of its kind.  Whatever.  I have a huge all purpose pan for smothering, braising, frying, and even roasting. I looked it over and could find no flaws in the piece and since the regular price was $50. I think it was a great deal. It was washed and made ready for a little Southern cooking this evening.

Worked on the taxes a bit yesterday afternoon, hope to finish up today and since the weather turned cloudy and rainy over night, I will be happy to play indoors today.

More later.
*

1 comment:

  1. And he scores the Cusinart pan! For $10 you know that you would never see it again at that price and in that condition even at a Tag Sale. Enjoy it in good health and bon appetite!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...