Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cuisinart, Coffee, & Personal Banking

Interesting.

Today has been one of possibilities and surprises.

I used the new "personal teller"option at the Credit Union this morning to make a deposit.  Very cool, quick, and interactive.  The fact that the live teller at the other end used to be at my branch was a plus.  We were happy to see one another and spent a few moments in a personal chat...I guess that's part of what the "personal" in personal teller means.

Having had the tiny Cuisinart food processor bite the dust a while back (and having an eye out for another one) I decided that the wait was over. A food processor is a necessity, not a luxury. At least for me.

The original unit had a 20 oz. (2.5 cup) capacity; I wanted something slightly larger that could still be stored in a small space. The price of this unit has been dropping steadily and today was the day to place the order.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, this is a "power duet" unit consisting of a single base with interchangeable 3 cup processor bowl and 3 cup blender bowl. (Pictured above.)  I seldom have use for a blender, but it will be nice to have the option.  No, I don't make my own margaritas - why would I? - and don't like frozen ones, anyway.

I paid $25. for the tiny processor in 2007, and today the new 'duet' cost is $30. with free shipping.  I'd say I am a happy camper. The package ought to arrive on Friday.

The tax refund check arrived and will not only pay for the new Cuisinart, but also cover nearly half the cost of the new tires. Yes, easy come - easy go.  So, tomorrow I pay another visit to my "personal teller'.  I am sure she will be as thrilled to see my smiling face as I will to see hers.

I made stops at all supermarkets and none carry Senseo coffee pods anymore. Only the expensive and trendy Keurig coffees are available. Keurig brewers are big and impressive, if you're going that route. That's not for me.  One couldn't even fit on the counter because it's too tall for the space between counter and cabinet. I guess I'll be purchasing online and filling the 'eco-pods' with my own favorites in the future. At least if my Senseo brewer dies I can still buy another one - for now.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. you just got your refund? I haven't even started mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you checked out getting your Senseo coffee pods from Amazon ?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...