Friday, March 15, 2013

A Nice Change

An old acquaintance dropped by the restaurant for lunch today.  She was surprised to see me working there. Haven't seen or heard from her in years. As she enjoyed lunch, we played catch-up and she was shocked that the Ex had split and gone on to a new life.

The restaurant was kind of busy today so we didn't get into any long stories of our recent past, but she said she wanted to get together for a Happy Hour or dinner in the near future.  I have heard this line several times over the years and it never seems to happen. 

We hugged our goodbyes and she promised to keep in touch to finalize a meeting.  I played along, but thinking that it would be another 5 or 6 years before I saw her again.  I got distracted by other regular diners and decorating for St. Patrick's Day tomorrow, so these thoughts were pushed aside.

Two hours later she called suggesting that we meet at the Henlopen City Oyster House for drinks and munchies this coming Monday afternoon when my shift ends. She said there were lots of topics we didn't cover and asked if that venue would be OK.

I said "yes" immediately and so I have a date of sorts, following my shift on Monday.  It's nice that she really wants to re-connect.  It's a nice feeling, really. 

I've had corned beef and cabbage for supper and now I have to hunt up something green to wear to work tomorrow.  Green is not a good colour for me and I am not particularly fond of it alone. A plaid might be acceptable, however.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...