Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Three New (to me) Blogs

 Yes, Dancing Daffy!  And why not?***
Thanks to the upcoming blogger palooza I spotted 3 blogs that were unknown to me.  So over the past week or so, 2 of them have been read and contacted - Jay in VA, and Java over at My Life or Something Like it.  The third one however, cannot be read. It appears that A Buckeye in Virginia is for invited readers only.  I'll just have to wait to meet the person behind the Buckeye this weekend.

Of course, I'll be meeting most of the fave bloggers for the first time.  Only one I know is the man behind the happening himself, Ron of Retired in Delaware. In fact, it was Ron who talked me into opening this place all those years ago. Don't hold that against him, please.

I almost met Mark & Fred of Our Simple Lives when they visited the beach last year, but missed them by a few hours.  They did leave a calling card (photo of the kids) with my boss, who was all over me the next day.  Who were these guys and from where did I know them?  I simply said that I was thrilled they dropped off the new picture of the kids and I was sorry to have missed them - and left it at that.  It drove him cocoanuts for about a week, but finally gave up when I constantly changed the topic each time he brought them up. 

To be fair, the boss knows I have no life and, aside from trying to fix me up, watches out for me, too.  It's funny, sometimes. He's tried to connect me with his single barber, a bartender at a swanky restaurant in the area, and even a dental technician who is also a customer. He can't figure out my "type" and just keeps throwing men hoping one will stick. Teh-heh.

I make no excuses - post no warnings - as to what my behavior might be like this Saturday evening. I have not been out socially, in a large group for many years.  Spo wrote that he may be so nervous he may stutter, well that could happen to me. It has in the past.

Damn!  I wish I was off work on Sunday.  A Little more time to socialize with the attendees would be great.

The sun came out as I finished the laundry, so I took a walk around town and sat on a very wet bench by the ocean. Not intentionally, I assure you.The wind finally died down to below 20 MPH, so that's a good thing.

There is a large luncheon party tomorrow - about 35 employees of a local builder, so I'm doing nothing that could potentially create more back pain.

*** Dancing Daffy is for Anne Marie and Ron, who promised her I would dance, for some reason. Enjoy, kids.
And so it goes.
*

5 comments:

  1. well, I would not want you to injure your back further. if you cannot "shake a tail feather", it's OK with me.

    I LOVE DAFFY DUCK!

    c you soon! :)

    PS - can someone switch places with you on sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tell them all that they will have to demonstrate to you, and possibly also the rest of the group, exactly what kind of dancing they had in mind before you can accomodate their request

    And yes, I am evil ;-)

    I hope everyone has a wonderful time and that the only disappointment is that there is simply not enough time for the abundance of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is in place at the Inn and we ARE READY FOR THE BLOGGER PALOOZA! Photos and videos will record the festivities to share with those who cannot attend our gathering. Fun is on the menu. Saturday we're doing Old Time Photo. Care to join us in a group shot? Anne Marie said she will play the dance hall gal. No wallflowers at this party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am much looking forward to you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy yourself on Saturday I look forward to a report here.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...