Tuesday, March 12, 2013

One Hundred Bites

Some other bloggers I read have already shared, as usual I am late to the party. I figured since I will be meeting a few of them soon, I may as well take the plunge. So, here goes.

1. Are you young at heart, or an old soul? I was told I was an old soul at age10 years.

2. What makes someone a best friend? Someone who doesn't judge, and is always there, even if not in person.

3. What Christmas (or Hanukkah) present do you remember the most? None.

4. Tell me about a movie/song/TV show/play/book that has changed your life. Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

5. Name one physical feature that you like about yourself, and one you dislike. Like: Maybe my eyes. Dislike: Most everything else.

6. Would you like to reconnect with any friends you’ve lost contact with? Many don't seem to be interested in connecting anymore.

7. What’s more important in a relationship: physical attraction or emotional connection? Emotional connection.

8. Name a movie that you knew would be terrible just from reading the title. "Throw Mama From the Train."

9. What holiday do you most look forward to? None, anymore.  I work all holidays.

10. How is the relationship between you and your parents? Horrible, and they're both dead.

11. You’ve got the TV on, but you’re not really watching. What channel is the TV on? Don't have TV service at the moment. So, if the TV is on, I am likely watching a DVD.

12. Name a song that never fails to make you happy. "Hey, Old Friend" by Sondheim.

13. You know at least one person named Michael. Tell me about him. Mike is a douche nozzle. Kicked me out of his house and refused to return my rent money. That was 6 years ago when my life was falling apart.

14. Have you ever read the “Missed Connections” on Craigslist? Have you ever posted one, or wanted to? Nope.  I know nothing about Craigslist.

15. If you could pick anywhere to live the rest of your life, where would it be? Holland or England.  I love both places.

16. Can money buy happiness? Hell yes!  I've been living hand-to-mouth for the past 6 years and it ain't no fun.

17. Do you drink? Smoke? Do drugs? Why, or why not? I like a good martini, or Manhattan. Wine and, a good cold beer once in a while. Quit smoking 35 years ago.  Pot would be nice, but unaffordable

18. Is there anyone close to you that you know you can’t trust? You don’t have to give names. There is no one in my life now that I could trust completely.

19. Where was your favorite place to go when you were a little kid? I spent all my free time in Lake Pontchartrain - a block from my home.

20. Have you ever spent a night in the hospital? Yes.  Hated it.

21. Do you enjoy being with only one or two friends, or with a large group of people? Small groups for me.

22. Do you like the type of music your parents listen to? Do your parents like the type of music you listen to? Yes.  Even during the early days of Rock and Roll, I always found time for Sinatra, Ella, Armstrong, etc.

23. Have you ever been bullied? Have you ever bullied anyone else? Yes. And, No.

24. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? One item, or one dish? If it's one dish it would be salad.

25. If your partner wanted to wait until marriage before having sex, would you stay in that relationship? Yes, sex has never been a big deal in my life. I watched all my old friends die of AIDS. I guess someone had to be around to care and keep their memories alive.

26. Do you believe in a god? Not so sure anymore.

27. Of all the social networks in the world, why use Twitter? I don't Twitter.

28. What’s your favorite hashtag to track? Don't even know what they are.

29. Would you call yourself/your family “middle class?” Lower middle class, back then.

30. Name a TV series you didn’t enjoy until after it ended. None

31. Have you ever bought a product from an infomercial? No.

32. If you could give up your car and never have to drive again, would you? I would have years ago, and could since I live in town, but at my age I need a car.

33. If you go back to one point in time to give advice to yourself, when would you go and what would you say? I'd go back to 1975 and warn myself that this relationship will end badly and be left with nothing.

34. What’s your “quirkiest” habit? Put on dance music and dance around the living room.

35. What is “normal?” Are you normal? Normal? Who would want to be normal. No fun in that.

36. Someone close to you is dying. You have the choice to let this person live for 10 more years, but if you do, you cause the death of 10 strangers. You don’t have to see them die. Do you take the offer? No. 

37. What is one thing you could never forgive? Deceit and character assassination. It happened between 2006-2007 and it's good that the person has never asked for forgiveness.

38. Would you rather be in a relationship after the honeymoon period ends, or be single? Single.  I think it's too late for a relationship.

39. Is it possible for guys and girls to be just friends? Why not? Some guys have a hard time befriending lesbians.  Not me.

40. Where do you and your friends go to hang out? No friends to hang out with.

41. Write the first sentence of your obituary. I'll leave that to anyone who cares.

42. What is the best TV theme song ever? I Love Lucy.

43. When you were young, what would you dream you would be when you grew up? A film maker and photographer.

44. When you’re alone in your own home, do you walk around naked? Sometimes.

45. What gets you out of bed in the morning? It's a new day and I am alive to experience it.

46. Do you want to have more friends than you have right now? That's easy, yes.

47. What part of the past year sticks out in your mind? Passing a kidney stone on my birthday.  No fun, that.

48. You win a scratch-off lottery game that gives you $2000 a week (after taxes) for the rest of your life. Do you keep your job? Maybe for a while, but I'd buy a travel camper and hit the road taking pictures of daily life.

49. Could you be in a long-distance relationship? If you’re in one, what makes yours work? Not worth the anguish and tears.

50. What’s the best route to your heart? That route is closed to all traffic.

51. Have you ever met someone through the internet, then met them in real life? Not that I know of, though I look forward to the blogger weekend later this month.

52. What is your favorite sport? None really, but I've grown to admire Soccer these days.

53. What has been troubling you lately? Fractured spine and arthritis in my hands.  Constant pain.

54. Did you enjoy your high school prom? Didn't attend. Took a Greyhound to NYC, instead.  High school was a nightmare for me.

55. What do you use more often: your intuition or logical reasoning? I go with my gut on just about everything. 

56. Do you know what makes you happy? Right now my job makes me happy and there is always music.

57. Tell me about the last book you read. "Tempest at Dawn" by James D. Best.  Kindle version.  Loved it.

58. What is the nicest compliment you’ve ever been given? "You're a good person, don't forget that." 
       
59. Who was your first crush? A neighbor, we used to play in the woods behind my house (and fool around) and spent a lot of time in the lake.  He moved away when I was 12.

60. Do you believe that there is life on other planets? Yes, I do. It's arrogant to think that humans are the only intelligent beings.

61. Predict what your life will look like a year from now. I can't predict what my life will be like tomorrow.

62. Often, people will ask how your last relationship ended. I want to know how it began. I was 28, he was 26. He swept me off my feet and we made a life together for 30 years.  

63. Where is your favorite place to go out and eat? The local Outback Steakhouse is owned by the nicest people, Dos Locos, (yes, I love to dine where I work) The Pig & Fish, and Henlopen City Oyster House.

64. What is something you want to change about your current situation? I’d like a vacation, a cruise/tour of Alaska.

65. Early bird or night owl? Early bird.  Always have been.  Love to watch the sun rise over the ocean.

66. Are there any childhood possessions you still hold on to? No, they were all lost in Hurricanes.

67. Give me an unpopular opinion you have. I think churches should be forced to pay taxes if they want to play politics.

68. What was the last song that was stuck in your head? "Try" by Pink. It's haunting and I like her passion.

69. Where do you live? Be as general or specific as you want. Rehoboth Beach, in lower-slower Delaware.

70. Do you believe in giving kids medals and trophies for participation? Depends on the activity. 

71. What was the longest car ride you’ve ever taken? New York to New Orleans.

72. Have you ever taken part in a protest? Yes, many.

73. Would you ever use an online dating service? No.

74. What is your ethnic heritage? French and Italian.

75. Describe a person that inspires you. No one these days.

76. If you earn minimum wage doing what you love, would you? Couldn't.  I make a little more than minimum and can get by, but I also love my job. 

77. Do you believe in luck? That word is used to describe so many happenings. Maybe.

78. Describe the last time you were very angry at someone. I count to 10 often these days.  There are just so many stupid people anymore.

79. Do you want to live until you’re 100? Not if my life remains as it is. Struggling and living to work rather than working to live, isn't much of a life.

80. Do people change? If so, how do you keep a relationship together when both of you start to change? Yes, most people change.  I did, but my Ex wanted to remain a 30-something. 

81. Have you ever risked a friendship by telling someone you liked them? Where is the risk?

82. Would you rather be alone doing something you enjoy, or doing something you don’t like with your best friends? Doing something I enjoy.  Best friends would know what you like and dislike. Life is too short to do things you don't like.

83. Do you practice what you preach? I do, indeed. Or at least try damned hard.

84. If you take precautions to stay safe, do you ultimately act more recklessly? No, I don't go into strange neighborhoods at night and I am a safe driver.

85. What do you value more in a significant other: Attractiveness or intelligence? Intelligence and a sense of humor.

86. Are you hard-headed? Of course.

87. Have you ever laughed uncontrollably when it was socially inappropriate? Yes, when I thought the situation funny enough.

88. When have you felt most alive? Walking or biking in the sunshine, walking the beach and dancing, oh yes, dancing.

89. Would you prefer to live? A city? The suburbs? The countryside? The mountains? The Beach!

90. Do you often skip breakfast? Sometimes.

91. How do you know what true love is? I did once. Or so I thought

92. Would you want to know the exact date and time you were going to die? No!  I think I'll instinctively know.

93. Where is “home” for you? Rehoboth Beach or New Orleans.

94. What song best describes your life right now? The one mentioned above.  "Try"

95. Do you want to be perfect? No, but I have tried to be a few times in my younger days. Failed!

96. What have you never tried, but would really like to someday? At my age I've tried pretty much everything I've had in mind.

97. How do you express your creativity? This blog, my photography and cooking.

98. Describe your neighborhood. Quiet, small beach bungalows, narrow streets with no sidewalks, and one apartment building.  Mine!

99. Name something you only liked because it was popular. I don't think I ever did that.  Hell, I hated the early Beatles, only found their talent beginning with Rubber Soul & Revolver.

100. Give me the story of your life in six words. I lived. I loved. I laughed. The End!!!

And so it goes.
*

4 comments:

  1. well, honey, I guess we is gonna havta cut a rug at the spo-a-rama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got a lot in common! Even more looking forward to the Spo-a-thon in less than 2 weeks!!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of your answers broke my heart, like #33 for instance. When I meet you in Delaware I'm going to give you an extra big bear hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. I look forward to meeting you, as well. The best thing about hugs is that when you give one, you get one. Nothing is better.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...