Saturday, March 30, 2013

I Did a Stupid Thing...My Bad?


In a valiant attempt to speed up my PC startup, shutdown, and Net browsing,  I followed the Microsoft instructions
 (never do this) and promptly blew out many major Windows 7 settings. I cannot access the web, or even send documents to the printer. For years I have known never, ever follow a MS Wizard to do anything constructive.  I guess I was desperate. I imagine the image at right is what the innards of my poor desktop look like right about now.

 It appears that the "registry" is f**ked up, and I need an OS disk to re-install the missing drivers and whatever else I deleted to bring the baby back online,  for now, I am using the laptop with limited programs and Internet options.  At least I can still get online via my router.

In the process of hunting down and saving as many bookmarks as possible, but with my work schedule and longer hours are making it difficult.

Right now the laptop is connected to my 22" monitor, so that's a help.  However, having to use the laptop keyboard is frustrating. I am used to the ergonomic one that rests my hands in more natural positions.  Hey, I'll survive, I suppose I am paying for the sin of following a MS procedure.

We served nearly 200 diners at lunch today. I am very tired and I smell olives.

And so it goes.
*

4 comments:

  1. yikes! time to call in the calvalry! and have a few more oilves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you made a an external back-up. Hope all will turn out okay after this hick up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two years ago I gave up on MS Windows after my new Dell computer crashed while "you know who" was transferring files from my old Gateway. WTF? A new Dell computer and the hard drive crashed? Dell replaced it but bought an iMac and haven't looked back. My Dell computer, with the replaced hard drive, sits in my basement now collecting dust and that is where it will remain unless someone wants to claim it. Never, NEVER again will I have ANYTHING to do with Microsoft or Dell. I wish you luck in correcting your problem. I've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two years ago my laptop got a horrible virus that none of my tech-savvy friends could get rid of. In desperation I called Karen at Giga Beach and she was able to remove the virus. Should you still need help, call Karen!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...