Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Not the Best of Days...

Couldn't find the office of the Orthopedist I was to see this morning, although I left early and followed the vague directions of the office assistant who called to verify the appointment.

Couldn't find the street (some are not marked) or a sign displaying the name of the Medical Association. Drove around and around the entire area but to no avail. Called the office only to receive a recorded message and various options, but none for leaving a message.  I called THREE times from parking lots of various medical groups (there are many here) only to receive the same message.  No one, not a single human, answered the phone there.

Forty minutes later and unable to find the complex, I drove back home frustrated and in pain, of course. Called again from home hoping to get a breathing person, but no, the same recording offering the same  options.  No, I am not a physician, nor a pharmacy.  Don't need a prescription refilled, and this isn't an emergency.It is a fu*king evaluation appointment. Where is that option?

I can't wait until they call to ask why I missed the appointment. IF they call, that is.

Then the mail arrived with yet another missive from the SSA.  More confusion, juggled numbers, arbitrary dates that contradict one another. I just shook my head and put the letter in the file folder with all the other confused and contradictory correspondence received since 2011.

I put all that money into the system these many years and now they are doing everything they can to deny my right to it.

No more jumping through hoops or trying to make sense of their explanation gibberish and excuses. I'm over it.  Done. Whatever is deposited, well fine. Whatever isn't, that's fine, too.  I am completely worn down, exhausted.

Fuggetaboutit! It may not be 5 o'clock yet, but it is somewhere and I am ready for a cocktail.  Cheers, anyway!

And so it goes.
*

UPDATE: Went to the CU website to download and print the February banking statement and discovered that $197.00 had been (magically, and mysteriously) deposited this morning by (any guesses?)  YES, the SSA!!!
The mind.  It boggles.

I've had an ear-worm all day and I am going to listen to Miss Barbara Cook as I enjoy the festive!

3 comments:

  1. sweet cheeses! raise that martini glass high!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing to know about the SSA and the way the system works is that low income earners like us are punished for working past our retirement age. This year I owe over $1,000 because I earned some income last year at my hotel front desk job. And yes, I have income tax taken from my hotel job, 20% flat rate which is higher than Mitt Romney's tax rate. Yet, for earning just over $10,000 last year, I lose part of my SS. Gots to encourage those seniors to work don't you know. We all get equally f_cked. And yet the Republicans keep pushing to "cut those entitlements!" Damn seniors, how dare they try to make a decent living.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Anne marie: Oh, honey I did!

    @ Ron: There is nothing to know about SS that won't change in a heartbeat. I will not waste any more energy attempting to figure out their latest ruse. I take it as it comes. Less stress that way.

    Thanks for the visits.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...