Monday, March 18, 2013

Bloggerpalooza Is Coming

I'm just now coming down from the chaos of St. Pat's Holiday craziness to come face to face with this list of bloggers (and friends) who are said to be attending this weekend's festivities.  I think I need a few deep breaths to take this in.  They will (hopefully) all be here in the same room.  I mean, just look at the lineup:



The list is almost overwhelming, I mean, how can one chat with so many fave bloggers in such a short evening of drinks and dinner?  I hope it will all go well and we all get to ask questions, share interests, and learn more about one another on a personal level.  But it seems almost be like that dreaded "speed-dating" of the 80s and 90s.

There are also bloggers attending that I had not read until recently and am anxious to meet - and continue to read.  Isn't that what personal blogging is all about? I hope everyone (self included) is relaxed and flows with the evening.

Weather permitting, I plan to wear my Spo shirt to the event as I am told others are planning the same.

Saturday being the beginning of Easter week (Palm Sunday is the day after the bloggerpalooza) I will be very busy at work with large family parties, but I've asked my relief to arrive a few minutes early so I can duck out and not get stuck for an extra hour, or more,   Palm Sunday is always a busy day and I need to be on my toes for more big family parties that will be with us until Easter Sunday.  Yes, it's a tradition.

For some unknown reason, Ron (putting this all together) has promised Anne Marie that I will be in Travolta drag and dance the disco at the dinner gathering.  Please be assured everyone, that will not happen.  I will be happy if I can walk and sit without too much back pain.

Right now, my heart goes out to Sean (Just a Jeep Guy) who is on watch for his Mom in ICU, and hoping that if he can't be with us, he knows we are thinking about him and his family.

And so it goes.
*

6 comments:

  1. spo-a-rama-lama-ding-dong!

    if not disco dance, perhaps a slow number?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So your virginal white "Saturday Night Fever" suit is in storage? With your bad back you can do your "Elaine" (a la "Seinfeld") dance. Come on, I PROMISED Anne Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ron: I have no idea what the "Elaine" dance is about. I don't watch TV. And you should not promise things of me that YOU cannot yourself deliver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this Blogtoberfest is in March, it can't be called a blogtoberfest. I think. Maybe.

    I'm excited about the festivities! I only just found your blog through the list of attendees. I look forward to meeting you, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. jolly good fun ! I just hope there is enough room for us all at Betty Ford's

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...