Thursday, January 23, 2014

Back Then…Thank You for the Music

I've had a lot of down time to listen to some of my favorite music over the past week and it's bringing back delicious memories, going back all the way to childhood. Here's a sampling of those who entertained me:


Mahalia Jackson & DeanMartin 

Marlene Dietrich & Edith Piaf

Count Basie & Frank Sinatra

Ethyl Merman & Jule Styne

Billie Holiday

Louis Armstrong, Sinatra, Peggy Lee, Bing Crosby

Gertrude Lawrence & Noel Coward

There are lots more that will be posted another time.  These are currently my musical best friends.

And so it goes.
*

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. "Very Impressive"? WTF does that mean. Not trying to impress anyone.

      Delete
    2. None the less, I was VERY impressed with these old photos. Great find!

      Delete
    3. The Photos??? Ok. It's the music for me.

      Delete
  2. You have fabulous musical friends. I'd want to be friends with all of them, especially Gertie and Noel -- Mad About The Boy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I do, and they were all still alive at some point in my life. Thanks for the visit and comment. And stay tuned.

      Delete
  3. I remember them too. I still listen to Edith Piaf and Mahalia Jackson frequently. Mahalia sings gospel the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glorious voices all; they don't make them like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stars of yester-year are still modern nowadays.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...