Saturday, March 27, 2010

Dancin' Through Life - I Wish!

I know, I know, I haven't shared personal stuff much this week, but honestly, so much has been happening in the country that what I've been up to (or not) pales by comparison. The Healthcare bill has been the main focus from both the left and right with little sanity being shown by the latter. If the rhetoric wasn't so frightening it would be an interesting debate. It's just frightening at this point, though I hope the crazy subsides as details are released.

Work has been a delightful diversion and the weather has, for the most part, brought the healing power of the sun to everyone and making for happier moods and less stressful attitudes. Feel like dancin'!

The restaurant today was a humming, well oiled machine with a great staff and delightful diners who made the lunch shift go quickly. Everyone was up for Margaritas and buckets of beers to follow their fajitas and stonegrill meals. Things couldn't have gone more smoothly. I'd like to think I made a bit of that happen so, yes, I am proud this evening.

The bar was packed following my shift and I debated about having a shift cocktail or just heading home. One of the bosses made that decision for me and had a golden margarita waiting for me when I logged out.  I guess I did do a pretty good job in handling the dining room today.

Back at the apartment now and I have no idea what to do about supper. There is food in the freezer, but not prepared food, so it's about starting from scratch tonight, and while I am tired I think I am up to the challenge. It's all about ingredients and being crazy enough to give anything a try.  And I really feel like dancin'!

Game on!
*

2 comments:

  1. Were your ears burning yesterday? We (Big Bob and Jim) were talking about how your job at Dos Locos is the perfect fit for your personality and people skills. We are all so happy for you.
    It looks like Jim has lost his job and now they're expecting a new "roommate." A friend of theirs from Ohio who has been unemployed for over six months and who will soon be homeless. Their friend is coming to Rehoboth to look for a job but will not accept nothing less than $13.50 an hour. Interesting times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you explain to me what is the meaning of "Game on"? I have heard it 3x now.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...