Wednesday, March 17, 2010

An Irish Cajun?

Oh Begorrah, no! But the holiday can be addictive, I tell you.

Mountains of Ham, Corned Beef, Cabbage, Potatoes, Carrots, and many kinds of bread will be offered up today just about everywhere in the western world. Most of it downed with copious amounts of green beer. And that goes for the wee place I work, as well.

Oh sure, it's a Mexican Restaurant, but the six-page menu is quite eclectic, offering many seafood options like lobster, crab, or shrimp fajitas; stonegrill faves such as lamb, ahi tuna, sea scallops etc. But, today calls for something completely different.

So the kitchen concocted a small menu for the holiday consisting of ham & cabbage burrito or fajita, plain ham & cabbage platters for the feint of heart, green beer, (of course) and shots of Jameson Whiskey. This will be served all day, along with the regular menu, of course.

While I had this lovely day off I am sure I'll hear all about the festivities when I get back to work tomorrow. And no, I don't think I'll stop by to sample the menu or green beer.

The two days off weren't as productive as they could have been, but the break was enjoyable and restful, and sometimes that's all one can hope for anymore.

Tonight for supper, I finally get to use up what is left of the stew I made prior to the first blizzard back on 5 February before the infamous power outage that lasted for a week. Ah, memories...

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. Hope you had a glass with a 'drowned' olive first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. trying to catch up, but a ham and cabbage burrito makes me want to go whoopsie. Fajita, even more.

    sorry.

    THC

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...