Friday, July 26, 2013

A Brief Update


Sheer exhaustion by all at work, having served 284 at lunch today.  At one point we were on a 45 minute wait for a table. Oh, and BTW, Labor Day is 37 days away and my holiday begins 2 weeks later.

The Windows desktop will not boot and remains totally useless. I have learned the hard way(like so many others) that Microsoft Windows 7 is severely flawed,  (though not as bad as VISTA) Windows 8 has become a joke, and the virus scares, system updates, and annoying reboots happen too frequently taking precious time away from the actual computer user experience.

As I wrote recently, my home phone almost never rings, but I received 3 phone calls tonight asking if I was "dying"!!! Ah, the rumor mill has become active again. Now I wonder where these rumors are coming from.  What can I say, it's a very small town. It would appear that someone finally jumped the shark and it couldn't happen to a worse person at such a good time.

Talked to the sister last evening. Well, I talked and she mostly cried for the 40 minutes of our "conversation" repeating over and over that "you deserve this time away, even if it wasn't to be in New Orleans. You need to get away somewhere." I thought that statement a bit odd, since she was sobbing most of the time. I will send my itinerary and she can choose when - where - and the length of time she would like to spend together.  As I wrote a while back, I think there will be some closure for both of us, at least that is my hope.

The Kindle is quite active revisiting Mark Twain's  many works and enjoying them much more than the first time around when I was a child.  He was such a great writer, satirist, and humorist that even Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn were written for adults as a reminder that they too, once had similar crazy, wonderful, and dubious adventures. It has been a great ride; one I am grateful to enjoy as an adult.

Had a chat with Ron (the dear of Retired in Delaware fame) via FaceTime and, again find the communication medium remarkable and fun to use. Yep, I guess I am hooked, too.

And so it goes.
*
Remember, 37 days...

4 comments:

  1. I find that rereading books that we read a long time ago, especially when we were in high school, very interesting because on the second time around I pick up so much I missed the first time. LONG SENTENCE!

    I enjoyed out chat on FaceTime too! FaceTime is SO MUCH BETTER than Skype. Now if we can just get the rest of our circle on Apple products we can all communicate on FaceTime. I know for myself I have renewed a friendship from my school days via FaceTime. We talk almost every day.

    By the way, I am glad to hear that the report of your imminent death is premature. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why do people think you are "dying" anyway? you are so full of life! lucky for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was away for a week: if you would like to Facetime with me sometime I would be delighted to do so !

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ron: I had to read Dickens in the 6th grade. Talk about depressing. Loved it later when I could enjoy it.

    @anne marie: all roads lead to the pond scum that is my Ex's new love. He has no life and is petrified to run into me anywhere. Even tried to have me fired a while back.

    @Dr. Spo: It would be wonderful to do a little face time (doesn't that sound naughty?) with you. Send me a private email and tell me what I have to do.

    Thanks all, for the comments.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...