Thursday, July 25, 2013

Bye-bye Bill Gates.


The desktop PC died again 2 days ago.  It could no longer launch Windows - and for no apparent reason.  The error message repeatedly that "Windows did not shut down properly and technical maintenance  would be required, or some such gibberish.  

Nothing out of the ordinary occurred in the previous days  to even get me remotely prepared me for the morning shock.  This makes me very angry because all my personal files, graphic files, and photo files will  be lost forever.  So it goes.

"Wave your little hand and whisper 'so long dearie, you ain't gonna see me anymore." - Dolly Levi.

 I am going to become a MAC user in the near future. I'll use the laptop until after the holiday in NOLA. I don't want any new expenses before that happens.  For the time being, the laptop will do just fine. 

Before disposing of the desktop, I will have to perform major surgery on the thing, and remove the hard drive before I send it to the great tech recycling center in the tech dumpster nearby.

I'll have the Kindle, iPod, and iPad for the trip and the hotel provides free wifi, so I'll not be out of touch.

Time to make a few new memories with old friends - yet another new beginning is at hand.  I'm tired of all this Microsoft madness.  At my age I want something reliable, present & accounted for,  without some joker's bag of tricks. 

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...