Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Back Again...Now with Windows 7!

The virus returned (was it ever totally deleted?) and finished the job. PC would not book and registry corrupted beyond imagining.  So, the tech performed a Wipe & Reload, but this time installing a brand-spanking new OS - Windows 7 Home Premium edition.

So 6 days later, I've got a virtually new PC.  Faster, better memory management and installed my programs.  However, (f**king Bill Gates!) there seems to be no support for my 8 month old printer. Exactly what happened when I was forced to purchase the PC with Vista - I was forced to get rid of my year old HP laser because neither HP or MS would support it.  I will check into Canon's site to see what I come up with.

Now the keyboard is acting strange.

What frustrating times these are. 

More later. Maybe...

*

4 comments:

  1. "Wipe and reload." That sounds like a total reformat of your PC. Is that what you had to do to install Windows 7?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's what it means. The only way to remove all corrupted files and registry entries.

    I'm fine with that. I backup all my personal files religiously, so I didn't lose much, except for my bookmarked blog sites and youtube videos. I can update those as time passes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was chatting with another blogger friend who recently built a pc using Windows 7 and he was so pleased that he did not have to load any drivers. It made your experience quite interesting.
    I'm far from being on the Windows 7 bandwagon (or for anything Microsoft).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lem - If you're happy running Linux, you're better off.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...