Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Too Much Spam

I've noticed a few others with the same problem. 

Although I have comment moderation turned on and have for quite a long time, there is so much spam coming to the inbox that I am turning on word verification in an attempt to slow the flow.

I wonder if those using wordpress and livejournal have the same problem, or have other ways to block these annoying intrusions. Most are from bots, but far too many arrive from India and leave a note regarding DISH TV, since I wrote about my experiences about a year ago.

Sorry in advance for any inconvenience. I hope you will still visit and leave comments, as well.

Thanks.

More later.

3 comments:

  1. I use WordPress and I still get some span from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since spammers don't use multiple links anymore they are hard to catch. I don't mind you turning on the word verifications- just mind it if I can't read them LOL

    wordpress has a new comment thingie that uses java and cookies, but I don't like cookies so I won't use it. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of those words are difficult to decipher, but for you, I will do it.

    THC

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...