Monday, January 4, 2010

Three Days Off...

And little to show for it.

I haven't had three consecutive days off in about a year - since last April I've had one day off every two weeks, thanks to the two-job situation - and now that the first job has ended having three days off was a real luxury.

So what did I do?

Nothing! Saturday was brutally cold with winds up to 40 mph. I couldn't get the apartment warmer than 65'. I thought about going to the movies, but decided against it because of the $$$ situation. So I spent some time surfing the web, read fave blogs, then cooked pork ribs smothered with onions, garlic, and sweet potatoes.

Sunday was a duplicate weather wise, but I needed a few things from the market, so I bundled up and dragged my butt to the car. Did the shopping and while I wanted to be out and about, I didn't feel good enough to brave the wind and frigid temps, (the head cold seems to want to stay with me forever) so thought it best to return to the apartment. Also, it takes a bit of money to go out somewhere and there isn't enough right now, until I get another PT job, or more hours at the restaurant.

Fortunately, there was a "Life After People" marathon on History Channel, so I got to catch up on the episodes I'd missed. Very interesting show and I learned alot I didn't know before. The new season starts tomorrow evening, I just hope I can stay awake to view it.

Was up this morning before dawn, noted that the wind had died down and decided it would be a good day to do the laundry and take things to the recycle center - cabin fever must have set in. So I loaded up the car and headed out. The laundromat was empty, not even the hunky owner was about, so I did the laundry in relative peace, then dropped off the recyclables on the way back.

It's not even noon yet and I haven't any idea what I want to do with the rest of the day. Of course, I'd rather be at work, and around people, but, oh well...

One thing is certain, I am not going to meet new people if I don't get out more. Hmm. Rock meet hard place.

More Later.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...