Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolutions?

I haven't made New Year Resolutions in years, not that I ever made huge lists, anyway.  But as I checked out blog rolls on some of my favourite bloggers I found this and it struck me as plain, simple - not easy, mind you - and something to look forward to working on for the year. I've left a comment telling the blogger that I planned to copy it, print, and tape it in every place in the apartment I can see it.

It's now on display on the bathroom mirror, next to my monitor, and on the side of the refrigerator. And I hope he doesn't mind, but I thought I'd post it here, as well.

Eat a little less, move a little more
Spend a little less, save a little more
Cry a little less, laugh a little more
Complain a little less, act a little more
Dislike a little less, love a little more

Tell those you are close to how much they mean to you
Do whatever it takes
Make an extra special effort to actually have "that dinner" you have been talking about for so long
Wash away toxicities in relationships
Lay on the couch with your partner, husband, wife, lover a little more often
Look up from the iPhone or computer screens just a little more often
Play your favorite music
Burn candles
Have hope
Keep the faith!

Simple stuff here...

Many thanks, Blair. I have work ahead to occupy me for the entire year.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. Those are good resolutions.
    My New Year's resolutions are up on the refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...