Monday, June 14, 2010

Alaskan King Crab, Bills, Winsome Kitchen, and Angels.

How's that for a title?

Sorry for the long delay, but it's been a hectic week (do I say that too much?) and aside from work, there have been many lists of things that are needed and wanted for the apartment. And since I have only one day to get all that done, the planning has been extensive.

Anyway, here's the latest in a nutshell:

Found a large box delivered by Fed-Ex on the porch last weekend. It contained a small kitchen set (see the image above and click to embiggen) and though the instructions for assembly called for 2 people, I managed to assemble it myself, though it took two days. Fits in the available space, compact, and looks great. This gift-giver's generosity is beyond anything I've experienced in my life.

Enjoyed dining on Alaskan King Crab legs with Elizabeth on Friday afternoon as we sipped a "grande" margarita and caught up on the latest news regarding her move to the beach.

Following that cheery experience I arrived to find the first electric bill in the mailbox, which included a demand for an extra $180.00 deposit because I have not been a customer for 4 years. Pissed me off for a few minutes, then filed it for future communication with the company.  Nothing was going to ruin my evening.

The weather Friday, Saturday and Sunday was magnificent for beach goers although TWC and local weather forecasts called for rain - every single day.  Never happened.

I watched Angels In America - Part 1 Friday night, and part 2 on Saturday night. It had been a while and I felt the need to immerse myself in the film again.  It was cathartic, to say the least.

Two friends from the previous life paid a visit to the restaurant Sunday after church.  We shared hugs and a quick update on life, and I felt happy by their visit.  We may get together for a meal after the summer madness is over.

Being in the third week of living in town has been an eye-opening experience into what I've missed all these years and it's all good.

Enjoyed a "tropical Cosmo" with a Russian co-worker following our shifts today and learned that he and his wife have decided that I need a "companion" or "boyfriend".  (He is a friend on Face Book)  I explained that I am far too old for a boyfriend, but wouldn't mind an occasional companion to share dinners out, a cruise, and cocktails at Happy Hours around town. These two are in their 20s, btw, with one beautiful child and another on the way. He's always trying to buy me a cocktail after work, but today decided that he and I ought to share a meal at another local restaurant whose owners were customers at his previous work place and have followed him to this new place. 

The restaurant is called MIXX boasting an eclectic menu and a special burger & martini night offering 8 different burgers (the bison burger is my choice) and God knows how many martinis (I'll stick to the original, thank you) at half price. So, whenever our days off agree, he wants to treat me to the evening. I guess I'll have to give in so as not to insult him and his family.

Aside from a martini, a dinner of broiled chicken and a spinach salad there is nothing on the gay agenda tonight.

And so it goes.
*

4 comments:

  1. That is a *very* nice kitchen set! It looks nice and it also looks as if it would be quite flexible and practical.

    I had to giggle a bit at the thought that a young het couple was on the look out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lem: It is a sweet set. The stools shore in the shelf under the table and when the leaf is down the set takes up about 14" of floor space.

    Sasha is 25 years old and I love him dearly; working with him is a great joy. He knows what needs to be done.
    I have not yet met his wife so I was floored when he told me of her suggestion...bless'em.

    Thanks for the visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had a hamburger with a martini. he doesn't sound like it would be a good combination. however, I should not knock it until I tried it, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr. Spo:

    Martinis, rather a good, smooth gin goes very well with Emu, Ostrich, and Bison. All are available in burger form. Even short rib meat and duck. And the topping options are endless.

    Try it sometime, if you're ever in a place where gourmet burgers are served

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...