Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday Grab Bag: It Is What It Is!

This week got off to a good start (except for the crazies coming out for the full moon) as I walked to work this morning crossing the avenue near the library, a very handsome cop leaning against the bicycle rack smiled and said "good morning, sir" (?) as I reached the sidewalk. Since it was already 88' I asked if those polyester uniforms were uncomfortable in the heat. Still smiling he nodded, and said, " well, it is what it is and a lot of folks are more uncomfortable than I am today." Interesting answer, no?

Note: that phrase "it is what it is" has been said around, or to me a lot lately. Am I missing some cosmic message, or what?

The temperature at the restaurant was high - someone turned off the AC last night - so I was glad I arrived earlier than usual to get the place cooled down, especially the kitchen (which has a tendency to get up to 140') and to begin setting up for the lunch crew.

It wasn't a busy lunch, but a steady stream of customers grateful to enjoy lunch in a cool spot. The bar area was a lively place for World Cup fan and the setting for a special story told by two gals about what happened to them last night in the other beach town just to our south. It's a straight bar (mostly college crowd) and the owners installed one of those instant photo booths that were all the rage back in the 60s.

After knocking back 3 margaritas and several shots of Patron, they spotted the photo booth and decided it would be fun to take a few shots to send to friends.  The shooting went well as it became more risque, finally one lifted her top and flashed her boobs for last 2 shots.  They left the booth laughing and happy until they got to the "print & pay" table. They announced to the attendant that the photos were inappropriate and should not be viewed by anyone but themselves.

The attendant simply smiled and said, "well, if that's true then why did you allow the whole session to be seen on the big screen TVs positioned everywhere in the bar. It is what it is!  Though quite drunk, they went back to the bar to be greeted by hoots, cheers, and applause.

They showed me the pictures this afternoon as they sat sipping our largest margarita - the BIG girl, 42 ounce size - and becoming louder with every sip. May I say that young, straight, and horny women are exceedingly unattractive when drunk.

There was one unpleasant event today, which I will attempt to write about when I can sort out various emotions and the initial shock of the brief encounter. During that short time I felt cold and empty as never before.  It may be my next post, maybe not.

Anyway, a package was waiting on the porch when I got in. Amazon was finally able to ship the items I ordered over a week ago. The Veggie steamer was out of stock and I asked them to ship everything together. I toyed with the idea of a 3 tier bamboo steamer (lost in the settlement), but this one will do for my needs.

One day left to decide if I want to buy a microwave, or not. The sale and the coupon expire on the 30th. I'm thinking, no.

There are dark clouds outside and thunder rumbling nearby, so I'd better post this before I lose power again. I hope any storms lower the temperature and humidity for tomorrow. It's way too hot for June.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. Warm here too! Keep the a/c cranking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I have advised you before....you need to get out more. The phrase "It is what it is" hs been circulating for a few years now. WTF?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...