Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Observations & Stuff

On my daily walks to and from work I've noticed the diversity of trees in the single block. Pine, Oak, Maple, Red Maple, Magnolia and even Willow near the bank of the small lake Gerar. Bamboo surrounds a few homes instead of formal fencing, giving the effect of living spaces being larger and more open. The flowers are pretty much the same; roses, lillies, evening primrose, daisies, black-eyed susan, pionies, and many I do not recognise.

The neighborhood is quiet and people are friendly, always nodding or offering a sincere 'good morning' looking up from their gardening or weeding as I pass by. This license plate was on a car parked across the street; obviously some Jersey (gay) person loves it here, too.  It was parked in front of a house flying a rainbow flag.  Ahem! (click to embiggen) I also read a bumper sticker on a car driving up the street that read (paraphrasing) "Honor older gay men and lesbians. They've lived in a hostile world most of us will never see." but the car was going too fast to get a good shot. Nice thought, though.

I am doing laundry before setting about the chores around the apartment. This being my one day off, the plan is to get those things out of the way and spend some time out and about town and the boardwalk.

A co-worker may come by this afternoon with a computer desk he's already outgrown (he's a big time gamer) and it's only about 5 months old.  From his pictures, it looks like it will fit my space well.  More boxes to empty, but that can wait until this evening.

More about work later. I want to savor the peace of the morning.

*

3 comments:

  1. Looks to me you landed well. Here it's already time for something with an olive... *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter, you're probably asleep now, but I wanted to tell you how grateful I am for this new experience and for your friendship. It's been an amazing journey - these past 4 years - and I am looking forward to whatever comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More and more that sounds like such a delightful neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...