Thursday, June 3, 2010

LIT - Lesbian in Training

Not going so well, actually.

I can scratch "handy-man" off my list of possible vocations. Today was electrician - fail day. Need about 5 or 6 new three-prong outlets in the place but after almost 3 hours of attempting to remove old outlets was only able to replace one. Most of the screws are frozen due to rust (from the salt air?) and paint and either won't budge or the heads break off when I put pressure on the screwdriver to get them started.

With the main power off there was no moving air and the temperature shot up to 90+' and by the time I finally gave in to the inevitable I was drenched to the skin. Removed the wet clothes and took a long, hot shower. Enjoyed a Martini, and dinner, then emptied another box (herbs & spices) before calling it a day. The shorts and tee shirt are still damp this morning. Plan B; calling an electrician, will be put on hold until the $$$ are available. Or maybe I just need me the guy in the picture above, (click to embiggen.) then I can forget all about outlets!

When the temps drop a bit I may give a go at replacing the kitchen light fixture which may offer less of a struggle, but today I am too sore and achy to even consider that challenge. At this rate I may never earn my Lesbian Tool Belt!!! Maybe if I had the right tools for the job...but what ARE the right tools, I wonder.

An iced coffee while reading the morning news and another hot shower for the aching back & hands, and it's off to work.

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. Having a retired electrician (Bill) as my life partner does have its advantages. Also, Bill is an excellent carpenter, bricklayer and all around handyman. However, he can't cook worth a damn. That's my job. Gardening, taking care of the paperwork, shopping and paying the bills. What one can't do well, the other does. Maybe that's why we work so well together. Other than that, we're totally incompatible. You need to find someone to share your life. The picture of that guy on your blog....WOW. That's a start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness! I hope that the photo of that workman is enhanced! (Actually, I hope it is not. Man, does he pack a lot in his toolbox! ;) )
    I am always frustrated by DIY projects - even the simple ones. I watch them do it on TV and it is zip-sip-sip and it's done. I try it and I run into every possible glitch and problem imaginable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lem & Ron,

    The image is of a support crew member taken at Ground Zero during the cleanup. I doubt the image is enhanced. I just enjoy the view.

    I used to be fairly good at wiring in the old days when such things were simpler. Not anymore.

    Thanks for the visit and comments.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...