Saturday, June 26, 2010

Weather, World Cup, and a short Whine

Not a bad day, actually.

I am such a wuss! I postponed my attack replacement of the shower head because I was afraid that I would need the white plumber's sealing tape and without it, the thing would leak. This morning as I enjoyed a fresh brewed iced coffee I cracked open the new shower assembly and low and behold - the package included a kit containing everything required to install the new shower head and hose.  Including a roll of that sealing tape. So, I went about installing the new device and enjoyed a relaxing shower afterward. Felt very good to accomplish this small task, since my track record has left much to be desired. There remains the replacement of the ceiling light fixture in the kitchen over the dining area. I have the fixture, though not the courage to do the deed. It must be done because the present fixture has frayed and exposed wires.  Give me time.

After a day's respite from humidity following the thunderstorms and power loss the other night, the humid air was back this morning - not a good sign.

The boss decided to only open the big doors on the bar side to keep the dining room cool, and since the World Cup fanatics fans could care less about the humidity, it was a wise choice. Most diners chose the dining room while the soccer fanatics fans cared only for the game, booze, and munchies.  Worked for me. As with every other day, I learned another few tricks, insights, and warning signs to help run the front end better.

By the end of my shift I was exhausted from going to the hot side, then cool side of the restaurant and thanks to all the cheering, whooping and hollering, began to feel a headache coming on. So, I had a very quick after-shift cocktail, and walked home.

It's quiet and peaceful here and I am about to break that quiet by viewing the end half of "The Last Waltz" now that supper and cleanup are out of the way. Then it's off to bed to get ready to do it all again tomorrow.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. re: fixing the shower head. Isn't it a bit warm to be wearing flannel? *eg*

    re: in and out of hot and cool - that is one scenario more than others that just saps every bit of energy out of me. For me (who hates heat!) that is far worse than being steadily in the heat.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...