Monday, December 13, 2010

Flurries? Oh Noes!!!

Large wet flurries joined me on the way to work this morning.

Now, I know it's December and Christmas is 12 days away, but it was still a shocking reminder of last February's nightmare.  And, we are told that was a once-in-a-lifetime fluke event.  Uh huh!

The temperature wasn't cold enough for the snow flakes to stick, so it was an enjoyable sight through the large windows as holiday music played and the restaurant came to life. Lunch diners were not as plentiful as usual, but many were likely scared away by the snow showers, which amounted to a whole lot of nothing.

After work, I stopped at the Post Office to retrieve a package waiting for me.  It was a holiday gift from a blogger buddy and friend. I was surprised, though I shouldn't have been - he's known for surprises.

Anyway, the PO experience may be the subject of a post all-by-itself, though not now.

The search for a winter coat continues tomorrow.  I've found very little selection online, and besides I like to try things on and get a feel for how they are made and how they fit, or don't, with my lifestyle. Heavy winter coat cumbersome when I drive, so I usually take the damned thing off, throw it in the back seat and put it back on when arriving at my destination. Coats can be so restrictive. I prefer a jacket since they're usually short enough that you're not sitting on it while driving.  The goal all along has been to find something light, waist-length, and warm enough for walking to work in the coldest weather. Good luck, right?

These next 2 days off may be a lot colder, but I hope to get out and take some holiday pictures of the town and surrounding areas. The sun is forecast to make an appearance tomorrow as well. 

Time for a few olives and a light supper. 

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. Let's just say that my PO experiences continue to be less than stellar and that they seem to be attempting to achieve record high's in low's this season - right before a price increase.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...