Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome to 2011

Beginning a new year and decade that will hopefully be better than the last year - and decade. From my keyboard to G*d's ear. Right?

Decided to watch the documentary "Trembling Before G*d" last evening.  I'd heard good things about it and the reviews were pretty good, though mixed.  I can understand the 'mixed' ones. After all, a film abut gay & lesbian orthodox Jews struggling with faith, love, family, dogma, and homophobia isn't exactly cheerful material. I won't offer my own take on the film because my spiritual life is far different. I no longer feel the need to "fit in" to be accepted, or not.

For balance I chose to watch "Saint of 9/11"  - The world came to know Father Mychal Judge, in death as a symbol of courage and sacrifice. "Saint of 9/11" represents the turbulent, restless, spiritual and remarkable journey of Father Mychal.  This was a good film to end the evening.  Positive, upbeat, and full of love and compassion, even if Pope Benny & the Jets crap their pants whenever his name is brought up. In fact, that thought alone makes me feel even better about this film.

If you've not seen (or heard of) the above films, you can view them free online at HULU or by clicking on the links above.  Let me know what you think, if you want to share.

Walked to work this morning under sunny skies and in warmer temperatures.  A few of the wait staff were a bit hungover, but the bosses took care of that with festive Bloody Marys before opening the doors.  That seemed to wake them up and get them moving in all the right directions. (I learn something new every day!)  And, I must say, they performed beautifully.  I am proud to work with these folks, but I've said that many times in the past. The busy day was a lot of fun including families with kids (gay & straight) and large  parties of gay men and lesbians dotted throughout the dining room all day.  Needless to say, a good time was had by all.

Got a 'thank you' hug and kiss from both bosses tonight and walked home in the dark under a star-filled sky, and feeling pretty good about this new year.

Three more work days before a day off, so I'm off to bed shortly. Lord knows, I need my beauty sleep, dontcha'know.

And so the year begins.
*

4 comments:

  1. A new decade, a new beginning, a new you! Much success and happiness for you in this new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love good documentaries. I never think to check out Hulu. Now I'm re-reminded. Thanks...and have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope 2011 is splendid for you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...