Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Another Belated Blogiversary

Yes, it's true.  I forgot again. This time the same person sent a reminder via email, rather than embarrass me by telling everyone in a posted  comment. (Bless you, BJ. You really ought to write one of these yourself.)

Visiting a few original posts it was alternately fun, scary, and sometimes terrifying. Hard to remember some of those painful steps out from under.  It was a good exercise to read and view ancient history, as well as the progress over the years.

What to say, really? Same Ingredients - Different Vessels. Simple. During the breakup, the Ex said "you're not the same person you were 30 years ago"  and my response was "And thank G*d for that" because at our core selves; we take on and discard habits, ideas, interests, hobbies, and vices as we move through life. We change, inhabit a new environment or vessel. In short, we grow.  That's the reason for this space.  I'm not a writer, but I have things to say and opinions. Being Cajun has been a huge benefit.

This place was set up and furnished at probably the worse time in my life (so far) and because of it, the truly wonderful people I've come to know if only in cyberspace have been instrumental in my journey of healing, getting back on my feet, and keeping my sensa-humah.

It isn't easy to start from scratch following a 30 year relationship when one is over 60 years old.  (I found no guide books to help me out.)  From scratch. From nothing. Some folks read then hung around and finally chose to make themselves known. For that I am grateful and honored to have you out there, but also in here, in my life.

For me this isn't about hits (40K) , or visits (26K), but community and shared experience, wisdom, joy, sorrow, wit, and snark, too.  I am blessed by everyone who visits, comments, and who offer themselves up on their own blogs for all to see - and love. You (and you know who you are) enrich my life daily.

Well, I have to go now.  This beaded gown is giving me an obscene rash and these Joan Crawford "come-fuck-me" pumps are killers! 

Oh, Laissez les bons temps rouler, y'all. Happy Mardi Gras!!!

And so begins year five!
*

4 comments:

  1. Bon Mardi Gras pour vous asi, mon ami. Is that "okay" French? You would think that I would catch on in the past 21 years being with Fred. Oh well!
    Anyway, I'm happy to have met you too along my Blogging ways. Perhaps I wasn't following closely but I didn't realize that you were in a relationship for over 30 years. Now you have me worried for my own. I wish for you the best and really do hope to meet you this Summer at the restaurant.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated blog day!
    May there be many many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congats to one my most longstanding and respected blogpals. May On Transmigration continue to flourish - it would certainly be a less interesting world without it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It has been that long, has it? You are in a good place after all that rubbish falling on you and you have inspired me in so many ways.

    Don't stop telling your stories and sharing environmental news that no one else seems to care about. Those posts are beacons for us on the Gulf.

    Keep it coming.

    P&W

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...