Monday, March 14, 2011

To Come Out, or Ride the Wave?

I've had this bit of real estate now for 4 years and enjoyed just being 'the Cajun' rather than drag along baggage from my previous life to people not necessarily interested in the past.  Lately, however, I have been receiving comments from fellow bloggers using my real name (acquired through emails and other bloggers who shall remain nameless) and truth be told, I kind of like the idea of posting as myself.  So, why not just do it?

Well...I moderate all comments, receive (and delete) nasty, odious messages on some of my personal posts as well as the comments added to certain news posts. Like:
Anything related to Katrina.
Everything related to the BP disaster.
All things 'Tea Party' related (especially that Palin harpy)
Any post that includes:
All references to my previous life from people who relentlessly monitor my posts and inform the Ex of anything remotely related.  Yes, too complicated.
Anything related to Delaware and/or Rehoboth Beach, political or otherwise.
My opinions on political and religious douchebaggery.
So, what to do?  Suggestions?  The blog name will remain the same no matter what is decided. Should I 'out' myself and be on the lookout for pitchforks and torches? (Joking!) Or, do I continue to delete comments that reveal my real name?

Yeah, I know..."the answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind.  The answer is blowin' in the wind."

More later.
*

7 comments:

  1. I started out trying to be anonymous but decided it was just another closet to hide in. For me, I wanted to waste no energy monitoring such things. For better or worse, I put it out there for all eyes to see. Yes, I do refer to myself sometimes as "Idle Eyes" but everybody who reads my blog more than a few times knows who I am, where I live and who I'm married to.

    Decide what you feel safe and comfortable doing...when when option becomes the bigger burden the other option will prevail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Breenlantern: Thanks for this insightful comment, and the visit. I appreciate both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I guess you're talking about me. I didn't know that your name was not to be written. Had I known, I never would have written it. I try very hard to honor people's wishes. I do follow you and would like to continue to do so. So don't be mad at me. I didn't "out" you on purpose.
    Your Friend who is totally out, Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. personalement, i try to keep my actual name off the interwebs and use my nickname of dasch. then again, that's fairly transparent in and of itself for those who know me and i'm all over facebook albeit with the tightest security possible. i just don't like things to trace back to my proper name. now that i'm typing that it seems so ludicrous. we've pretty much given up our anonymity and you have your picture on your blog, you tell us precisely where and when you work ... and since you moderate your comments what could be the harm? I do agree with Breenlantern that it's another closet but you will notice, with NOTHING nasty meant, that unless I'm missing something (as I do not read his blog) and unless his name is trooley Breen Lantern, his real name does not appear on his profile ;-) Love you, love your blog darling man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mark: Not to worry (see my email) Ron, Peter,and others have done so. It was panic. That's the best way to explain it. Believe me, it won't happen again. Case closed. (snap!)

    @Dasch: Always wise words and I appreciate your sharing them. It all seems a little weird now. Thanks for the post and insights. Hugs to you and snoodles.

    So...Wayne, it is. Handle is still the Cajun, but after last night baby, you can all me Wa...anything you want. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only used W on the blog and in full in personal emails.

    You're just the same person to me, and what those other people do who blab to the ex, that's just their [sick] business.

    You know what your role was in the relationship and the ex knows what his role was, even if he twisted it for his sake, to look the better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You shall remain The Cajun to me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...