Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Progress, Experience, and a Golden Margarita

So much for the luxury of 2 days off.  The loco guys wanted to attend a food show in Atlantic City, New Jersey today and tomorrow, as did the general manager, so I was asked to prep the restaurant for opening both days. I accepted, since the extra money will come in handy and I have never been part of the evening opening procedures and interested to learn.

I was up and out early this morning, racing to get errands run today because we're due for 2 big storms (back-to-back) beginning tomorrow and lashing the shore for the next 3 days. Covered a lot of ground and was back home by lunch time. Had a quick bite to eat and walked to work at about 1:30pm.  Got some computer work out of the way, and waited for the evening crew to arrive.

By 3:30 everyone was in, the place was humming, I had waited for Sasha (closing manager) to arrive so I could have a festive cocktail and head for home.  A golden margarita was chosen and it went down easily and way too quickly.  (sigh!)

Good experience, really. I learned plenty.  I was home by 5:00 and am now prepping supper, ready to do it all again tomorrow afternoon.  I had made a list of the extra duties to be performed when opening only for dinner and followed it straight through. Just received a call from Sasha, seems I followed the list well as dinner is going smoothly. I love when that happens.


Of course, I do miss having the totally free days, but there's always next week.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...