Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Refund = Rewards

Silly me forgot to check the mailbox last evening and this morning found a very pleasant surprise waiting there.  The Eagle sh*t yesterday.  That means the Federal Tax Refund check arrived.  No fear, I jumped in the car and made a run to deposit the funds right away. (Good thing I wasn't in my bunny slippers or hair rollers)  On the way home I stopped for a bottle of wine and a bottle of gin. Both are considered "holy water" these days and a hell of a lot better than what the Vatican is pushing.

Wrote a check to the state of DE for the money I owe in taxes and dropped it at the post office on the way to work this afternoon.  I did it straight away because I don't like bills hanging over my head and wanted to be free of another expense.

While prepping the restaurant for opening, I received a bunch of text messages from the loco-guys asking a few more favors today.  They will return tomorrow and asked that I tie up a few loose ends on upcoming projects, which I did.

Somewhere along the way, someone mentioned my promise to treat myself to dinner when the refund arrived and so, I decided not to cook tonight, but sit down, be served and enjoy a lovely meal at the restaurant.  I ordered the lobster fajitas with onions, peppers, cheese and diced fresh tomatoes, and a salad with our ginger vinaigrette dressing.  Washed down with 2 golden margaritas.  O.M.G. it was like going to heaven - if only for a brief time - savoring the experience. My favorite chef was on-board tonight and I am sure I received a little extra TLC.  The dish was more than I could eat so I brought about half of it home to enjoy later, perhaps tomorrow. (Click the above image to embiggen.  Thought it appropriate considering we're well into 2 wars and another looms large.)

It's nice not to worry about cash flow, if only for a short time.  I am going to put aside what's left to buy Elizabeth dinner for her birthday next month.  That should take care of the balance and, all in all, money unexpected, money well spent.

My mouth is happy.  My tummy is happy. My checking account is happy, and the state of Delaware will be happy in a day or two.  Good news all round.

And so it goes.
*

6 comments:

  1. Hair rollers? You don't have ANY HAIR! Remember?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    In a few days time, '5 on the fifth' will return.

    You can either take 5 random pictures or follow this months theme which is: BLUR

    http://thestateofthenationuk.blogspot.com/2011/03/next-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank the Goddess that Uncle Sam still had some $$$ left in his coffers to pay you some of it back. Even when it was just enough to pay one of his '50 nephews' what was due.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ron: Who said anything about hair? btw, I still have your birthday gift - from last November!!! I know, you live soooo far away.

    @Spo: Bombay Sapphire is still my fave.

    @Stephen: Thanks for including me, I'll give it a shot (sorry) and thanks for the visit.

    @Peter: Yes, thanks to the Goddess AND the person who prepared the returns. One of those Golden Margaritas was lifted to her name last evening.

    Thanks for the visits, everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...