Thursday, March 3, 2011

Taxman Cometh and Taxman Goeth*

The tax returns have finally been filed.  I have to pay a small amount to the state, but (first time in 5 years!) I can expect a small refund from the federal government instead of having to pay more than was deducted from my payroll.

Delayed a few days  because some of the financial and tax statements were slow in coming and the preparer wanted to send copies of the exact documents required and I am glad she did. One culprit was my previous bank, sitting on the documents regarding both the checking and savings accounts. That material arrived on Friday, February 25th - which is a month later than promised. 

Anyway...That's a load off my chest.

No matter, I am through with "too big to fail" banks and happy with the Credit Union where they take care of me, know my first name, and call or email suggestions or account information updates.  No waiting for snail mail from some corporate headquarters in another state. Everything is local.  Hell, many of the employees are customers of the restaurant, too. 

The first thing I am going to do with the refund (after paying what I owe to the state) is take myself out to dinner to relax and be waited on for a change.  Don't get me wrong, I love my own cooking, but it's nice to splurge on a delicious meal I wouldn't (or couldn't) prepare myself.  Oh C'mon, you know I love to cook.

We have fabulous restaurants in this town and there are 3 on my short list, including my place of employment. That ought to tell you something about the quality of food there. The other 2 are a few short blocks away, but I have plenty of time to decide as the refund will not arrive anytime soon.

Yay for me!!!


*Goeth: not likely to be in the dictionary 'cause I made it up.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. Take an adventure and try Luca Ristoranti in Millsboro. We had a fabulous meal there Tuesday. The best restaurant meal I've had yet since I moved to LSD. Absolutely FABULOUS! Who knew? Millsboro?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...