Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Did It All!

Two days off and so much done I can't believe it. Every errand, every chore, scratched off the long list with energy to spare, and it's time for olives!

Massive shopping for groceries. Had a craving for cantaloupe and they were on sale, bought two. Cooked and baked - have the burns on both hands to prove it - washed and ironed shirts, and polished shoes.

Bought a few useful items for the kitchen and bath and paid with a gift card received at the company Christmas gift-exchange. No money spent...nice!

Tried to find better picture hanging options, but everything points to the same stick-on things. So far, the other pieces have stayed put, only that one painting fell victim to gravity.  Maybe if I cleaned the wall again and used more of the hooks the weight would be better distributed and the thing will stay affixed to the wall. All the other tenants say these things work for them.  Maybe I'll give it another shot, before having the piece re-framed, JIC. Framing will be in the future, a luxury expense not in the budget at the moment. For now, Epoxy will work just fine. No likely visitors, anyway.

Received a recall notice from Toyota informing me of a necessary repair, so made an appointment for that to be taken care of next week. The car usually sits at home for 5 or 6 days at a time. I've driven less than 90 miles since I filled up on January 5th, so I am not afraid something will suddenly break between now and next week.

Back to work tomorrow with the locos guys due back from Mexico on Friday. Celebrating Mardi Gras with special menu and drinks Saturday through Tuesday (Mardi Gras day) and since the sister sent a box of festive beads again this year, I will be a colorful sight to behold all weekend.  Well, maybe not.


And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. I stopped down in Rehoboth this afternoon around 3:30. Was very surprised to find a parking slot RIGHT IN FRONT of the establishment where you work. I get out, go to the front door and IT"S CLOSED! This is the fourth time I've arrived at your establishment and it was closed. Granted the other times were before 12 noon so that was understandable. Today I was truly puzzled because it was 3:30. After reading your blog I now know. I don't do In Season Rehoboth so I don't know the next time I'll be down. Don't keep on the lights for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ron: We have been over this territory a few times. The restaurant is closed for LUNCH Tuesday & Wednesday until April.

    There is a large sign in the window which displays the opening times on those days. (You could check out the ads in local papers to more info)

    We are open for lunch Thursday thru Monday - 11:30 am and dinner is still served 7 days a week from 4 pm.

    As I recall, you were supposed to have lunch at the restaurant last Friday with your friend, but that didn't happen.

    It's a small town and not really that difficult to get up to the minute info about the goings-on.

    Use your ipads.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...