Friday, August 5, 2011

Five on the Fifth: My Town

Stephen Chapman of the blog “The State Of The Nation UK”, has a monthly feature called “Five on the Fifth” in which bloggers may participate by posting five photos on their blog and exchanging links with his. The five pictures, taken in the days leading up to the fifth of the month, may be random or may follow his suggested theme, which this month is “My Town”.
So here goes.  My Town is a small beach resort on the Mid-Atlantic Coast. Rehoboth Beach, Delaware was recently vote one of the 10 best beaches in the US.  From "Beach Fries" to fine dining, RB has some of the best restaurants in the country. Due to it's close proximity to Washington DC, it has been known as 'The Nation's Summer Capital' for as long as anyone can remember. This is part of daily life here.

Dunes, beach and breakers from the boardwalk.
Then, turn around.  Bandstand, free summer concerts offered nightly.
Bike parking by a selfish tourist.  Takes the whole rack and removed the seat.
The walk to work. Hotel with beach towels drying on balconies.
Gloom & mist. The walk to work. Restaurant is at far right.
Click any image to embiggen.

Thanks Stephen for inviting me to take part again. As always, I look forward to seeing the town's of other fellow bloggers this weekend.  For now, it's off to work

More later.
*

4 comments:

  1. Nice photos, nice looking town, thanks. Looks like a good place to live and work.

    I would have to have done something about that selfish tourist and the bike rack. I would have found a way to unblock that bike rack, no matter what it took.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen 'gloom and mist' in ages; it look rather pleasing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pics - did you add a link to my site so that others will find you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pics. I especially like the one of the motel with the beach towels flapping in the wind. That brought back a lot of memories for me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...