Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Playing Domestic, PSB, & a DVD

I did all things domestic on my day off, so no need for details. I also got in a little thrift store hunting, as well. Didn't find what I was hunting, but it was kind of fun to see the kinds of junk people are unloading these days.  Lots of huge pieces of furniture, I suppose because folks are down-sizing these days. Nothing would have fit into my apartment - not even through the doorway!  I. Am. Not. Kidding.

The bill for last month's root canal arrived in yesterday's mail and I almost had heart attack. I took a few olives to recover from the shock, put the bill aside, put on some Pet Shop Boys and danced around the living room until I calmed down.

While waiting for supper I searched the Net for Panini recipes to experiment with in my recently purchase grill pan.  Found a few that sound enticing and a few others that I can doctor up to my own tastes.  I love panini and there are a few places here that do them justice.  There are many other places that fall short, and you ask yourself, "what were they thinking" using these ingredients.  Since I am willing to try almost any new panini concoction, I was very disappointed by the results.  Still, I ordered the things and none were so bad that I had to send them back, so I ate them and chalked up the heart-burn to experience.

After supper I enjoyed a borrowed DVD of Pixar's WALL-E which I had not seen before. It was fun, interesting, beautiful imagery and just what was needed to end the evening.

Awakened by fierce thunderstorms during the night, but went right back to sleep when the racket diminished and the steady rain beat on the skylights.  Love that sound, always have.

Woke this morning ready, I thought, for whatever the day had to offer...be careful what you think you're ready for on a drizzly, gloomy, chilly summer day at the beach.  You may not be as "ready" as you think. But that story is for later - if I recover enough following a cocktail and supper tonight.  If not...there is always tomorrow.  Cheers!

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. The Bayleaf restaurant in Milton served up a surprisingly good pannini to me last Friday night. I don'texpect much from restaurants in this area anymore so it was a welcomed and pleasant surprise. I too love the sound of rain on skylights. I used to have one in my master bath at our former home in Pennsylvania. Many a night I awoke to that pleasant sound. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...