Monday, August 8, 2011

Free? You Get What You Pay For

The 'free' replacement for my previous cell phone (that would no longer hold a charge) has died, given up the ghost, bought the farm - or whatever metaphor you care to use.

Yes, it was sent to me 'free' back in April and just getting the damned thing activated, the number and minutes transferred took about a week.

Located a new phone locally (it would take a week to ship the one I wanted and I just can't wait that long), charged it up while at work today, then spent the entire evening on the phone with Tracfone in a futile attempt to get it activated, number and minutes transferred.  Same as in April.  Since the previous phone is now totally beyond recovery, Tracfone tried to suggest that the minutes remaining were not 3K, but only 256 minutes, though the activation date was correct.  Of course, I am filing a complaint in the morning. The date, time, days remaining in the activation, and the number of minutes remaining are all stored at Tracfone and generated to my phone when I turn it on, I find it hard to believe they could only come up with 256 minutes.  I've been a customer for over 10 years, after all!

My head hurts after dealing with FOUR different CS people in 4 different countries, so I won't go into the details. It is now 8:30 pm and I want olives, supper, and maybe a little evening music to calm down.

A free day tomorrow and lots to get done from my long list.  A new shower head and something called plumber's tape top the list.  I appreciate that the supermarket is open 24 hours daily during the season.  This allows me to get in early, shop without disruptions, and get off the roads before the tourists are even stirring in their beds.

Maybe I'll take a long ride early, too, because I feel the car needs a bit of a workout - more than being driven 6 or 8 miles a week.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. I rarely use the actual phone on my mobile anymore. The minutes are piled up. It's the texting and apps that I use constantly. May be a sad commentary on how social interaction is changing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fred deals with all of that cellphone crap and hassles. Thank God that he does too because I would just live without one if it were up to me.
    m.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...