Tuesday, April 9, 2013

PC is Off Life Support


At least for now. The PC has been resurrected  sorta like Jeebus, but it was not without  some major loss. Well, hey, I've lost everything 3 times in this life and I got through it every time.  Not without anger, tears, and frustration, mind you, but I moved on. What else is there to do?

Many of my personal files are gone or cannot be accessed now because I lost my latest version of MS Office and had to re-install my old Office 2000 disks.  At least they are still supported by Microsoft, which is a surprise in itself.

Many of my photo files and graphics were rescued, as well.  Eddie was here for over an hour re-installing  tweaking and rescuing data.  I've spent the rest of the day moving folders from the old corrupt Windows folder to the new partitioned windows 7 and so far, so good. All of my bookmarks were lost as were many of my fave news and info sites.  Happily many of my fave blogs are listed on the blog-roll so I will save them in my new bookmark folder on Google Chrome. Eddie swears by it and I must say I find it faster than either Firefox or the dreaded IE. Pages load faster and downloads are quick, too. I am so grateful to Eddie for all his efforts.  It's nice to be back even if crippled in many ways. Eddie noted that the PC was overheating due to all the processing it had to do, so I guess this PC is living on borrowed time, anyway. (sigh!)

I'm too tired to be upset about the loss of files.  It is what it is and that's the truth. Can't do anything about it, anyway.

I've had nothing to eat all day but some cheese and crackers, so I am going to enjoy a festive cocktail as I get my email program restored, and then some comfort food for supper.  Not much sleep last night; between the crazy neighbor and the back pain there was no relief or rest for me.

The weather today was more like July than April. We hit 82' F by noon making everyone sort of happy, but sort of miserable, too.  It is way too soon for those temps. I plan to venture forth tomorrow morning to play in the streets or on the beach.

I think a mac may be in my near future.  I just can't deal with this Microsoft BS anymore. I return to working 6 or 7 days weekly next week, so that extra money will be helpful in making my decision.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...