Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Teabagistan. Wingnuttia, the Dodo, and a Geek


What is all this? I spend a day in bed resting my voice, heart and soul and wake up to more crazy than you can shake a stick at, though I would like to give that a try.

Wingnuttia & Teabagistan have already decided that the nasty Muslims (with Obama as leader, of course) are responsible for Boston bombs, even though the investigation had turned up nothing overnight.  The sooner they go the way of the Dodo, the better off we'll all be.

The bombers planned to maximize the damage to the lower body by stuffing bits of ugly and sharp things into pressure cookers.  And they were successful to a point. The ongoing investigation is offering more clues as to why this happened.

Note: I will postpone the purchase of a pressure cooker for the time being, since that kitchen marvel is now linked to the bombings and resulting carnage.  Is there any innocence left in the world? I am not making light of this news, believe me. I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the idea that a warped mind would take such a useful device and use it for such destructive purposes.

I was out of bed only minutes when the phone rang. It was Eddie (co-worker & computer geek) asking if he could drop by and pick up my desktop to clean it up and restore Windows 7 and MS Office.  I will likely lose most programs and all files I couldn't save to disc beforehand.  That's OK.  I've lost more important things in the past, so this is nothing in comparison.

Having spent Tuesday indoors and mostly in bed, I had to make a run to the grocery store before Eddie arrived. I was still unable to talk, not sure of my balance, but I headed out and was back home within an hour. Aside from the necessities I stocked up for Cara-Cara oranges, red grapefruit, bananas, and a mini watermelon. So, me has a craving.

 Eddie arrived a shortly thereafter. He unplugged all cables from the CPU and took it with him saying he may have it back to me by tomorrow evening.  In the meantime I am using the laptop connected to the network and gradually building up my cache of fave sites and blogs and tapping into the advertising websites I have to update for the restaurant. I'm glad I bought the laptop when I did for the very low price  because had I not done so, I'd be left high and dry for these past few days.

Still congested and unable to talk much, but I think I've crossed over to the healing side of this cold/allergy thing, and just in time to return to work tomorrow.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. guess these teabagging rightwingnuts never heard of domestic terrorism; hell, it could even be one of THEM!

    people suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the two republics you mentioned, "Wingnuttia" and "Teabagistan." LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...