Monday, April 22, 2013

Still Fogging the Mirror


Only just...

The tree pollen continues to attack my sinus cavities to the point that I can't tell which is worse - the allergies or the cold. No symptoms other than watery eyes and runny nose.  I don't know where all the stuff is coming from. I get a little relief after taking an antihistamine  just enough to get through the work day.  It wouldn't do to be hacking and sneezing all over guests, now would it? Sleeping and breathing are difficult. I closed the windows and turned on the AC to rid the place of air-born nasties.

Got through the busiest off-season weekend so far. Served over 200 at lunch Saturday, and a surprising 100+ Sunday, so the ride is beginning early.

The restaurant will be closed tomorrow so the floors can be refinished.  The locoguys are taking all the managers out to dinner in the evening at a lovely, posh restaurant in Lewes known as The Buttery.  I haven't been there in years, since I get to Lewes infrequently.  So, looking forward to the evening out. I only hope we don't talk shop all evening, that will drive me to distraction, to say the least.

The PC remains on life support and I don't know when or if, it will ever compute again. I'm weighing the options. In any case, I'll probably lose all program files, which means losing all the personal ones as well. I copied all photo and graphic files to CD. I have an old copy of Office 2000 Pro which will have to do for the present. I cannot afford to purchase a new copy, especially if I have to buy a new computer in the end.

Meanwhile, I have the laptop, purchased a wireless mouse because I can't get used to that silly pad thingy, so for now I can do what I need to do for work and myself. The tiny keyboard is also a challenge for my non-working hands, but I get by.

Getting old isn't for sissies!  But wait!  I AM a sissy...

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. ooooooooooooh, the buttery; tres expensive! too expensive and hipster for my budget.

    my allergies are driving me to distraction also. kill me now. no meds combat the problem, so screw them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pollen is very heavy down here where we're staying in Marion, North Carolina. Our rented van was covered with a thin coating of pollen. My cousin Bob and his wife up from Georgia said the pollen is also bad where they're from (outside Atlanta) in Georgia. And we're breathing this stuff.

    By the way, I have a new Dell with a new hard drive (after you know who crashed the old one) that I'm not using (I went to an iMac after that Dell crashed.) You're welcomed to have it for free if you so wish. I'll give you the Dell printer too which I don't use. Practically brand new. Let me know. Otherwise it just sits in my basement looking forlorn. It's too good to give to the thrift shop.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...