Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Lone Ranger? In 2013? Where Have I Been?


I grew up with the Lone Ranger first on radio (yes, I am that old) then on B & W TeeVee with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels. One of my fave shows in both mediums. (And one of the reasons I went into radio as a child.)



I have neither heard of, nor seen any publicity for this film. And, WOW! What a production.  What a cast! Johnny Depp as Tonto (works for me) and Helena Bonham Carter. I've never heard of the guy playing the Ranger, but he's easy on the eyes...I hope he can act. I guess this is one of the drawbacks of being without TV service.  Still a small price to pay.

From the Production Trailer:
From producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski, the filmmaking team behind the blockbuster Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, comes Disney/Jerry Bruckheimer Films' The Lone Ranger, a thrilling adventure infused with action and humour, in which the famed masked hero is brought to life through new eyes.
Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, a legend of justice -- taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption.
The Lone Ranger also stars Tom Wilkinson, William Fichtner, Barry Pepper, James Badge Dale, Ruth Wilson and Helena Bonham Carter.
Director Gore Verbinski said: "I have always been intrigued by characters who exist at times of monumental change. They are somehow cast against the events that engulf them and magnified. The Lone Ranger is a story of two outcasts bonded by adversity at a time when the lines between right and wrong have become blurred. With no well defined beacons to aid them, and no tribe to return to, they are a glorious pair of misfits: A band apart."
Looks good to me, but we have to wait until August, which leads me to think that post-production may have hit a few snags.  Who cares! As long as the final product lives up to the trailer.

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...