Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hit in the Head with a Can of Whup-Ass!


Now that I have only one day off each week (if I'm lucky) I have to cram everything that was for the past 8 months done in two days, into one, and I almost forgot how I did it last year.

Get out early and gas up the car.  It will sit at the curb all summer except for the errands run on that single day off.

Stock up on foodstuff especially if it's on sale. Mostly things that freeze well or that can be cooked in great quantities then frozen.  Also, the condiments for summer cooking that are always on sale at this time of year. Tuesdays off means that fresh veggies and fruit can be purchased at the local farmers market - also on Tuesdays.

Pick up a few bottles of wine - red and white - before the great hordes arrive in another week. A bottle of Gin, of course is also on the list.

Laundry - the worst part of the day.  The laundry room is just below the apartment, but that 10 trips back and forth is a killer. Five loads to do; three are to get all the heavy winter bed linens ready for storage tubs.

And speaking of storage, I have very little to spare, so I found a narrow three-shelf stainless steel cart on rollers.  It's 30 inches high, 24 inches long, only 8 inches wide and will fit snugly next to the refrigerator. Ordered it this morning and it should arrive in a few days.  It comes fully assembled so I won't damage my hands trying to use tools.  The cost added a whopping $5. to the price of the cart.  Small price to pay for such a luxury.

Unpacked the light spring/summer work drag and took it to the cleaners, not that it's been spring-like weather here lately, but the likelihood of the temps jumping straight up to the 90s is a real possibility, so I ought to be set for the season.  There are some items I can wash and iron myself, but others require professional attention, if you get my drift.

The restaurant re-opens for the 7-day lunch schedule tomorrow and I am to be there early to receive a repair tech coming to work on some kitchen equipment that must be done  before the kitchen staff arrives at 10 am.

For now it's back to being the old washer-woman (2 more loads to go) before I can reward myself with a tall, cold adult beverage as I relax and watch the day turn to evening.  A very productive day and I'm amazed that everything will have been accomplished. Whew!

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. I do not envy you in another 1.5 weeks. the pushy tourists, the screaming brats, etc. you are a strong man to put up with that bullshit. I know I could not; I would kill.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...