Friday, May 24, 2013

Weather I'm Right, Whether I'm Wrong...


I think I can safely say that this Winter/Spring weather has been f**king nuts! The kickoff of the holiday weekend was anything but what was forecast.  Temps didn't get above 55'F and the winds blew at a constant 25mph - all day.  It made traveling to the beaches a slow and tedious journey.

It didn't have an adverse effect here in Rehoboth; the regulars and tourists came as expected. We served more than 200 at lunch today and reservations are closed through Monday.

I believe that folks just felt the need to get away from where ever, get to the beach (even in dreary weather - a bad day at the beach is better than a good day anywhere else) and just chill.  That's what I experienced all day and it's bound to continue through the weekend. Sun or no Sun!  But I do hope the Sun makes an extended appearance by tomorrow.

I didn't hang around for my after-shift cocktail tonight; the bar was crowded and noisy. Met a few co-workers for Happy Hour nearby. Not loud and we had seats at the bar.  Sipped wine and munched on Crab dip with toasted French bread points, and a cheese platter while unwinding. Ran into a few regular customers there, too.  Seems the bar at DL was way too loud and crowded for them, as well. We enjoyed their company.

As luck would have it, the rain stopped briefly as I headed for home, then, as if on cue, began pouring again as I opened the door.  Oh, I had an umbrella, but believe me, that would have been of no use had I been caught in this deluge.

Home now, safe and dry. About to prepare stuffed mushrooms for supper. Will probably skip the cocktail and have another class of wine tonight, instead.

Cheers, anyway.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. And here we (Sassy Bear and partner) were going to "drop in on you" tomorrow for lunch. Drat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was rainy and cold here also today.

    the past 2 days the AC was on due to the heat & humidity. tonight I have the heat on. WTF?

    enjoy your visit with the breens! (I'm jealous)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...