Monday, May 13, 2013

What a Mother of a Weekend


This town (and most restaurants) rocked this weekend beginning on Friday morning and eventually ending late Sunday night. The restaurant was packed the whole time. We stopped taking reservations for Saturaday and Sunday via phone and Web on Friday at about 3 PM.  It turned into what we expect on a weekend in July or August.  Unbelievable!

Most of the parties were large, family affairs featuring grand-moms, and moms - and a few included great-grand-moms. It was amazing. Of course the locosguys out did themselves by offering every mom a free glass of wine, a house lime margarita, or a dessert.  You'd be amazed (I was) at how these old broads can knock back the booze and remain vertical and coherent.

My favourite story of the weekend involved a reservation for a party of 8 due to arrive at 3 PM Sunday afternoon.  At 10 AM I received a call from the son asking to cancel the reservation because the family had had dinner at the restaurant Saturday night; his mom got plastered and awoke with a screaming hangover Sunday morning.  He was laughing hysterically as he told the story and I began to laugh along with him. His final words were "oh, you wouldn't want to see her today."  Well, at least she had fun and something to remember, although she would probably rather forget it.  Heh!

I am tired from the long hours of those 3 days, but I am off tomorrow.  Wait!  Tomorrow is my only day off as I return on Wednesday to the seasonal schedule of 6 to 7 days at work. I have an awful lot of errands to run and chores to do in one day.  I am already exhausted and I haven't even begun to make the list.  Oy!

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. we "old broads" (hee hee) are always reliving our youthful ways. problem with me is, after a couple, I pass out. tired, not drunk.

    you could not PAY me enough money to go a restaurant on mother's day weekend. too damn many people for my taste! and the screaming brats! OY!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...