Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Memories of Bloggerpalooza: A Marvelous Party

I started putting this together right after the bloggerpalooza back in March, but with the PC crashes and much electronic drama, I am only getting to post it now.  Brace yourselves.  If you don't know the original song, I feel better.  If you do, please be gentle with me.

With apologies to Sir Noel Coward. He may just strike me dead for this:
I went to a marvelous party With Cubby and Java and Spo
It was in the fresh air and we went as we were
And we stayed as we were for the show.
Jay started talking at daybreak and didn't stop talking til four.
We knew the excitement was bound not to bore
when Sassy got blind on Cosmos & more. And scratched his veneer
like a cheap common queer - I couldn't have liked it more!
I've been to a marvelous party. We played some wonderful games.
Anne Marie disappeared and returned in a hat we all had to guess "who is that".
Someone arrived wearing armour, shells and a black feather boa.
He must have been warm in that armour for soon he had opened the door.
Poor Mark wore a surrealist comb, made of bits of from St Peters in Rome
but the weight was ungodly almost ruined his photography - well I couldn't have liked it more..
I've been to a marvelous party. I must say the fun was intense.
We all had to do what the people we knew might be doing 100 years hence.
We talked of growing old gracefully and Ron, who's 70, and more out of brevity
said if you're supple you're not such a bore then before we could laugh or sneer
he swung upside down from a large chandelier - and I couldn't have liked it more..
It was the most wonderous excitement, I've never seen such carrying on
it couldn't occur anywhere but Delaware it was most peculiar.. one had to stare.
You know people's persona who's from Arizona would make you quite shocked and aghast.
So much variety watching society scampering happily past.
You know if you had any mind at all, Gibbons divine 'Decline and Fall'
well it sounds pretty flimsy no more than a whimsy by way of contrast on Saturday last.
I went to a marvelous party we didn't sit down until six.
The food was so tasty, a few got too hasty and ate til they almost felt sick. And I couldn't have liked it more..
I've been to a marvelous party -
Ron made an entrance quite Gay. With bags that were part of the play.
You'd never have guessed as he set up the rest that his brain had been whittled away.
Fred almost got fried on some wine and talked about esprit de corps.
 Everyone filled up their glasses And saluted ourselves as they clinked
We meeting this way made us all want to stay and enjoy some more talk and more drink.
We made our retreat back up to the suite enjoying great fun that would never be done
But done we were as the Cajun did stir wrenching his back and twisted his truss
he hated to go but knew that he must - HA HA! I couldn't have liked it more!

I think I hear the earth moving.  Please, Sir Noel, I meant no disrespect...

And so it goes.
*

5 comments:

  1. that was marvelous! I couldn't have liked it more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my heart, in giving you a standing ovation. Absolutely wonderful sir...perhaps you'll recite it for all of us at next years Blogapalooza II: Electric Boogaloo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am aghast! Appalled! A twitter! I LOVED IT!
    Retired in Delaware

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...